Does anyone else feel like their nails always have to be painted?

Amazona

Mar 31, 2013
Not really. I do like a natural look. My nails are just too weak and they split and break very easily, tearing my cuticles apart in the process. For the last 18 months I've used gel polish, and for the last year I've mixed it with dip in order to get even stronger nails. Now I always have nice looking, long (on my standards) nails and cuticles that are intact, and I do feel like it always gives a well put together look. I was so conscious of my hands before as for 10 months of the year my cuticles were torn and red, and my nails were super short.

Reactions: PewPew

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
When I was younger (20s) I always had painted nails and toes- mostly done by myself but since the pandemic it completely fell by the wayside. I'd like to get back into doing it regularly but I'm a very low maintenance girl at heart so it hasn't happened yet. Meanwhile my 100+ Chanel/Dior etc. polishes sit in their drawers :doh:

Feb 15, 2011
Yes! I paint my toes on my own and have them the same color all year round.. just redoing them every few weeks.

I've had gel nails on my hands for the past 10 years - minus a 2-year hiatus due to the pandemic.. started going back early 2022. Having my nails done def makes me feel put together.. some people spend on hair..lashes.. brows...for me it is nails!

Reactions: elinm_85

Chhow

Nov 30, 2022
Before I started doing manicure on a permanent basis, I bit my nails. I gnawed very hard, and could not cope with this habit in any way. And so, 6 years ago, I decided to go for a manicure with gel polish, and it saved me. I have beautiful, strong nails, I was able to grow them, and I am very happy with it. And now a manicure is like a relaxation for me. I like to choose a color, combine several colors with each other. So I realized that I love the combination of white and green!

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I usually wear very minimal makeup, but nails is something I always have to have done! :smile: Just doesn't quite feel the same if my nails are bare. If I don't have time, I'll just apply a clear coat. But most of the time, I wear dark green, dark gray or dark red nail polish. And I always keep my nails short, 1 mm over the fingertip is the maximum comfortable length for me.

• Love
Reactions: limom