Does anyone do this (how to save up for a bag)?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone here buy gift cards for themselves and use them to "save up" for a purchase? I was thinking this would be a great way: buy a gift card every so often for a few months and then use up those cards to get your next purchase.

What does everyone think?

2. I just put away a little cash every week ($20) for my major purchase. If i get gifts of $$$, I put 1/2 to my LV fund and 1/2 to savings.
    The giftcard would work too.....I just like cash. :smile:

3. Good idea. I have a 100 for Christmas and am saving for a bag in Feb. but you have to see how long the cards keep value--like time limits

4. Wow Kitsunegrl, that's a good idea!! I might just try that.

5. sometimes (and this is sometimes only...i tend to be an impulse shopper), i'll create a piggybank of sorts to place extra money to be put towards a big buy. then i don't touch the piggybank. the only prob with gift cards? they usually come with a fee to purchase them (unless u r buying LV gift cards - do they do that?)

6. I don't generally save up...not that I am rich! I am just old and have a big enough collection that I sell pieces to buy new. But, I love your idea. I know how sometimes when you set cash aside it gets spent on other things.

7. Exactly!

If I do the gift cards, then I can't use it for anything else but LV :graucho:

8. That's a nice idea !

You could also set up a seperate bank account - that will accrue interest that you could use towards LV too.. :graucho: