Does anyone dislike GHD straightener?

^^ that is actually true for me too, my hair is straight normally, so I love that it curls my ends easily but it does leave it drier and lighter in color. oh well, I guess that is what happens with heating tools.

I have straight hair too and bought the GHD to curl my hair. It does curl it and it lasts pretty long, but I don't think my hair looks all that shiny after the curling. It doesn't feel dry, but it looks like of messy. Maybe I should be using a glosser after I curl it?

I haven't been overly impressed with their other products either. I bought the creator and the protectant and they are very sticky!

I felt guilty, too. But, once I used it, the guilt disappeared. My husband, brother-in-law, sister, mother, aunt and other people have all commented on how great my hair looks and feels. I think of it as an investment, and wish I had purchased it a long time ago. My hair looks and feels terrific! It blows my old flat iron out of the water!

The first time I used it I loved it but now I realized it's not that great. My hair frizzes after an hour or so. I tested it on my trip to Orlando last week week and I wasn't impressed with the outcome. I expected shiny, silky smooth hair but my hair ended up frizzy and my ends were dried. So sad that it didn't work out for me. :sad:

guess i'll be the lone dissenter here (and maybe in the whole world), but i don't think im the right candidate for the GHD iron to begin with. my hair's always been straight and really shiny, since i've been extremely anal about it (never used ANY products, only rinse with cold water, only air dry, etc). but i grabbed one after hearing all the rave reviews on here, thinking my hair's kind of coarse and on dry wintery days i do have stray hairs and maybe GHD will make my hair super silky and extra shiny. after using it a few times, my generally black shiny hair turned kind of brownish and looked really dry, instead of making my hair super shiny. i'm returning it to sephora, but im kind of just laughing at myself now because essentially i bought a flat iron to straighten my already straight, shiny, healthy hair. just doesn't make sense. im sad though. almost wish i had curly hair so i can amaze myself with the awesome results of the GHD!

^^^count me in too. I also have straight hair. My hair is long but I have a lot of baby hairs and I was hoping it would straightened out the baby hairs. It really did not work. Oh well, I returned it.

I'm glad that it works for others though.

aww, i'm sad it didn't work for some people! i guess everyone's hair will react differently, but my GHD is my all-time HG beauty product! Your reactions to the GHD sound similar to my reactions to the CHI.

My hair is straight too. I was contemplating on returning but didn't. I figured this flat iron should last me forever I hope :biggrin: especially for the price and I don't use it alot. I wanted to learn how to make curls and waves from it but haven't yet.

Even though I have straight hair, I use it on the ends to make my hair longer and have the ends straighter. It seems to make my hair less staticy and crazy too, especially with the colder weather.

im really going to be reading this thread closely. I dont have a GHD straightener. but from the ratings I have read on other threads it seems to be a plus. I think I might pick on up. I got a few holiday parties to go to in December.

The biggest difference I've noticed since using GHD's, is that they don't dry my hair out and give me split ends like my old straightners did within a matter of months! Since my hair is very fine and fragile, this is a massive plus point in my book.:tup:

I bought the GHD straightener last month and love it. It's really hard trying to curl my hair--need more time to mess around with the straightener.

The only thing I dislike about the GHD is the PRICE!!!! $240 is alot of money, but it's for long term investment. I tell myself that I don't blink an eye spending $1000+ for handbags, why should I hesitate to buy a GHD...