Does anyone dislike GHD straightener?

i have a chi and i love it more than a ghd...my friend just got a ghd and i tried it and i actually prefer the chi for my hair...her hair looks good but it doesnt look WOW like some people say it makes your hair.

i guess its different for everyone!

to teh previous posted - to curl your hair w/ it youuse it teh same way as straightening it.
Except down just pull it straight down, start twisting your wrist the direction you want the curl to go as you're pulling it down/through the hair.
KWIM?
I curled my DD's hair w/ it last week, it's pretty fantastic.
Just DO NOT accidentally stop in the middle of one section while you're pulling it down/through the hair, it will leave a crease that's hard to get rid of.

I like the results I get w/ my GHD but as far as damage and split end go I feel like I will have to use it for a while before I can determine that. Like 2-4 months. So far its been maye 2 weeks.
I do think it makes my hair smell kinda funny---not like my shampoo anymore----like extremely heat styled--kwim?

I like the results I get w/ my GHD but as far as damage and split end go I feel like I will have to use it for a while before I can determine that. Like 2-4 months. So far its been maye 2 weeks.
I do think it makes my hair smell kinda funny---not like my shampoo anymore----like extremely heat styled--kwim?

That smell happens to me when I use the GHD alot in one day like when I was practicing doing curls, then straightening it, then doing waves. Smells like burnt hair.

to teh previous posted - to curl your hair w/ it youuse it teh same way as straightening it.
Except down just pull it straight down, start twisting your wrist the direction you want the curl to go as you're pulling it down/through the hair.
KWIM?
I curled my DD's hair w/ it last week, it's pretty fantastic.
Just DO NOT accidentally stop in the middle of one section while you're pulling it down/through the hair, it will leave a crease that's hard to get rid of.

I have been trying my darndest to curl my hair with this thing. I just can't do it. I think I need whatever product they use on the dvd. :hysteric:

we didn't use any product when we curled. . . and my little girl's hair doesn't usually even hold a curl.
It takes some practice but is really easy if you want to just flip the ends up or under a bit.

hair is naturally more static-y in the winter, that combined w/ a heated tool is a little drying. mine is always staticy this time of year though.
I spray Static Guard on my brushes before I use them or spray it in teh air and fling my hair in it, it fixes it.

hair is naturally more static-y in the winter, that combined w/ a heated tool is a little drying. mine is always staticy this time of year though.
I spray Static Guard on my brushes before I use them or spray it in teh air and fling my hair in it, it fixes it.

Static Guard-good idea! I've tried that before but forgot about it. Thanks!

Honestly, to the couple of you who are not as jazzed about their GHDs as they'd like to be - i had to work with mine and get used to it a bit. it was better than my chi IMMEDIATELY, but i'd still get a poof here and there in the first few weeks i had it. they're completely gone now because i found the products that work well with it for my hair and i got used to the speed and motion that i needed to use. sephora's policy is good, use it for a little bit before you get discouraged and return it! mine gets better and faster every time i use it.

Dont feel bad about the cost. It will save you loads on hairdressing long term. My hair is supercurly and I style it with my GHds and it looks salon good. Always use a tiny bit of serum to protect your hair. I use Redken. This puts a layer of protection on your hair to prevent it burning.