Does anyone condition their vachetta?

janelles

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
I've just cleaned the vachetta handles on my BH for the first time using baby wipes, am now thinking I should maybe condition the leather with something (not sure what), in case the baby wipes dry the leather out? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for that - I've read about the waterproof sprays etc. but I was actually thinking about a protective cream - I've used one before for shoes - so its more of a nourishing treatment as opposed to a spray / waterproofing product.
Was just wondering if anyone else has used anything like this?

I did with my speedy 25. it was old and well used. I didnt use baby wipes but using apple guard cleaner. then used the conditioner after.

After for my others bags no.

I used a cream cleaner that we use on my daughters figure skates to clean the vachetta on my T&B mini pochette and it worked great. I'm too scared to touch the vachetta on anything else though!

I used Magic eraser to clean up dirty vachetta, after which i'd use LMB Feel soft moistuirser to give it back the mositure. Followed by a spray of apple guard.

I've been tempted to use a leather conditioner but haven't for fear it might speed up the patination. Now, if I thought it would slow it down ... I'd do it in a heartbeat!