Does anyone buy knockoff handbags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love when these old threads get resurrected.

Boy, times have changed here on tPF...I'd wager not many would admit to buying fakes these days, not like back in 2005

Boy, times have changed here on tPF...I'd wager not many would admit to buying fakes these days, not like back in 2005

Why? I'm pretty sure there are a number of members on here whom buy fakes and real to this day. I know a few for sure. They probably respect that tPF is a place for authentic goods and talk fakes elsewhere. For those that don't respect that, well, lets just say I've observed a few unnoticed fakes posted here or there.

Last edited:
^^ I'm not sure if you read the earlier posts, but people were much more open about admitting it back in 2005 when this thread began than they are now.

I've never seen a fake revealed that didn't get shut down by the mods.

i would never buy fakes. to me it screams "i want but i can't". and even if they are good fakes, why pretend to have something you don't? i'm not ashamed if i can't afford a bag, it happens. i know i will never own a hermes birkin bag, so what, it's too expensive for me. i don't run out and buy a fake one so at least people think that i can afford it. i'd rather buy a nice no name bag than shell out big bucks for a cheap fake.

This is exactly what I've taught my teenage daughter!! A replica bag represents "a wannabe". I taught her to buy a simple refined leather bag. No name or classic tailored style designer bag on sale but to never buy a knock off. It just shows poor taste.

Holy old thread! A lot of other discussions about this have occurred on tPF since this thread was started in 2005 and there is a sticky about fakes too.

The PF does not condone or support buying or selling of fakes!

Perhaps this should be closed?

Last edited:
" Holy OLd Thread" hahaha now thats funny! :lol:

Sure hope I dont get banned off this site, but I am Soooo considering buying a "non-real" LV charm for my VERY AUTHENTIC Louis Vuitton bags.. they are so cute, but 400$ for a key chain? really?:yucky:

I have received a few replicas over the years. But I have to say, I wouldn't give them the time of day now. The quality is just not there, compared to authentic. If I want something casual and knockabout I tend to go for MBMJ, whose styles and quality are great. I still have an MBMJ canvas and leather bag I bought years ago. Even though it's mainly canvas the quality/detail of that bag is stupendous. And it was very cheap as well. I use it every summer holiday and there still isn't a mark on it!

I don't get why people buy highly priced knock-offs. Especially LV. Why not just get a Pouchette Accessories its only around $250 and it's authentic too?

I try not to ostracize people who buy knock-offs. I personally hate them, but don't go out on the streets yelling "FAKE!". LOL

Inspired bags are an OK in my book. If your looking for a nice bag around $100, or less but still designer why not Coach or DKNY? Sometimes saving up for a really nice & authentic designer bag is an awesome feeling. Rather than the ominous feeling of someone knowing your bag is fake (or when a person with an authentic one walks in). I've seen some who quickly shove their bags towards them (or hide their bag).

Go for authentic! It's worth the extra $$$.

ITA with all of it ^^^^^^

the only reason to buy a fake bag is to make everyone else THINK you bought a real one -- there's just no other reason. You will always know your bag is fake, so who are you trying to fool?

And the excuse, "I like the style/look but can't afford the real thing" is BS to make yourself feel better about your decision -- there are TONS of no-name, "replica" bags that DO NOT include the designer's name, logo, tags, certificates of authenticity, care cards and/or sleeper bags -- if you really like the style/look, buy yourself one of these that are in your price range, or better yet - SAVE YOUR MONEY until you can finally afford the real thing.

the only reason to buy a fake bag is to make everyone else THINK you bought a real one -- there's just no other reason. You will always know your bag is fake, so who are you trying to fool?

the funny thing is that the people they are trying to fool can't be fooled.. They know the brand well enough to spot a fake a mile away.

If they don't say anything, they are just trying to be polite or just think the conversation would be a waste of energy

Hate is a very strong word :amazed: and I hope you don't mean it:sad2:
Maybe you also missunderstod me or didn't read all I wrote. I know there are verry good replicas out there! You are right about that I don't know what you have in your country, Sweden is several tousands of miles away from you and the streets your talking about.
What I ment was that a good replica costs some more $, but then it is very good. And to sum up: :love:THERE ARE VERY GOOD REPLICAS OUT THERE I KNOW BECAUSE I'VE GOT SOME!

Friends again?:embarasse

This is so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.