Does anybody use the vintage multicompartment traincases to organize makeup?

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Just wondering if anyone else uses these!:P

I love these traincases! I have 7 of them and use them for makeup, tools, school supplies and much more!

CIMG6317.jpg

CIMG6323.jpg

CIMG6326.jpg

CopyofCIMG6320.jpg

How funny, I have 2 of those from my Grandmother. They are so old, but so chic. I may store my stuff in them someday. I love my caboodles traincase though, it is my mini makeup artist.

My best friend and I used to go to the thrift shops about 20 years ago in Palm Beach and she started collecting these. She has somme really fancy ones that came with crystal decanters to put your lotions in. I bet some of them are worth good money today. She never used one but has them for decorative display around her house.
My daughter has one for her treasures.....

I love these vintage cases - they are so very retro cool. I have two red train cases from Nordies (one small and one big) and a cool caboodle case....of course all plump full, but now I want this....I am going out on Ebay now! Good thread!:tup:

We used to have the exact same kind in avocado green when I was little. I think my mom used it for sewing supplies. They are really chic, but I need something bigger :hrmm:

I just busted one of the dividers in my traincase, so I'm looking for an attractive replacement that will hold a *ton* of makeup and won't break the bank... VERY hard to find! :sad: