Does anybody else have trouble getting their strap off of their City or PT?

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I always have the hardest time getting the shoulder strap off of my city!! So much so, that I ultimately scratch the rings each and everytime I remove it and place it back on. Am I just weak? Why are those hooks so hard to press in!?!?! Anyone else have this problem?

I think this is common, since the metal is not supposed to be that flexible. Mine scratches the big O-rings sometimes too, but I don't mind. If I want the strap off; its coming off!

Hahaha...thanks RERE! I always feel like such a weakling. I STRUGGLE to get it off and on! I have to take breaks in between attempts sometimes because it's such an effort! :P

I think they are tight but I have only taken one side off to get the little slider thing off, and then I put it back on. Otherwise, I keep the strap on 100% of the time!!! LOVE the shoulder option when I need it and handheld the rest of the time.

^ True. I hardly ever take my straps off, only when I'm removing the shoulder pad thing. Oh and for my Velo and City when I switch straps between them. Otherwise, they stay on. :yes:

I normally don't take them off either, but I just got a town and wanted to try the City strap because the town strap is too long. I couldn't get the city strap on because I'm so weak! Then I got mad because it scratched the O-Rings. I also did it a couple of times to remove the weight distributor.

The only job harder than getting the strap off, is taking that useless shoulder pad thingy off the strap!:sweatdrop: I did it once, but now just slide it down to the end. :sneaky:

I noticed Nicole Richie's has turned into a little squashed ball, but is still attached! :amazed:

The only job harder than getting the strap off, is taking that useless shoulder pad thingy off the strap!:sweatdrop: I did it once, but now just slide it down to the end. :sneaky:

I noticed Nicole Richie's has turned into a little squashed ball, but is still attached! :amazed:

I noticed that the other day as well! I was :nuts:. Her city is pretty beat up, up close.

^^ saira and connie - Nicole's City is something of a different specimen, lol. I don't have the patience to have my shoulder pad thing break in like that, especially cause I like my bags looking like new (only squishier). All the shoulder pads must come off!

saira - How do you like the Town strap on the City? I'm thinking about using my Velo strap on my City...

^^ saira and connie - Nicole's City is something of a different specimen, lol. I don't have the patience to have my shoulder pad thing break in like that, especially cause I like my bags looking like new (only squishier). All the shoulder pads must come off!

saira - How do you like the Town strap on the City? I'm thinking about using my Velo strap on my City...

I couldn't get it on!! I will keep you posted, hon. In the meantime, I'll do some weight lifting! :P

I've only done it a few times, but I would recommend always taking it off in the same place. Be careful to scratch it as little as possible (easier said than done, I know) and then rotate the scratched area under the leather that holds the ring on. Do it in the same place, and you can hide the scratches. Just my OCD tendencies taking charge. ;)