Does all mbmj have riri and lampo underneath zippers??

amy1677

Aug 24, 2009
I sold a mbmj baby aidan bag in hot fuchsia in July because it just sat in my closet without being used. This morning, after 3 months, the buyer sent me a message stating the bag is fake because underneath the zipper is blank. She said all mbmj bags have zippers labeled in the back. Is this true? I didn't know that and just did the research. Please advise! Does anyone have the same bag that can share the pictures of it? Greatly appreciated. I bought the bag directly from saks off fifth.

I sold a mbmj baby aidan bag in hot fuchsia in July because it just sat in my closet without being used. This morning, after 3 months, the buyer sent me a message stating the bag is fake because underneath the zipper is blank. She said all mbmj bags have zippers labeled in the back. Is this true? I didn't know that and just did the research. Please advise! Does anyone have the same bag that can share the pictures of it? Greatly appreciated. I bought the bag directly from saks off fifth.

That's incorrect. Most MBMJ bags use YKK zippers that are engraved on the side.

I just joined this forum that I just found out about from the seller who reached out to you. I am the dummy who was questioning about the zipper. I really thought the zippers had to be engraved with lampo or riri.

I was unaware of YKK. I have bought a lot of MJ vintage bags and this hot fuchsia bag was a recent one. Thank you for clearing up the confusion because I was really freaking out.

My question is on another unrelated zipper inquiry. What if the inside of the zipper simply has a Y and nothing else and this is the same area where the YKK would be engraved?

Thank you again I'm glad I found out about this blog.

#eggonmyface