Does all Hermes Evelyne Straps have the Hermes stamped on the leather?

jlmrocks

O.G.
Feb 3, 2006
Hi there,

I just purchased a beautiful soft Hermes Evelyne GM in Etoupe from Fashionpile. The bag is from 2009 and the blind stamp is M in "square" . So that agrees with the year it is made for authentication. I noticed on the adjustable strap however there is no Hermes silver stamp printed on the leather part on the strap, only under the main snap in the middle.

My question is do all the Hermes straps come stamped or do some not? Fashionpile stand by their products that they sell that they authenticate their products, so I could always go back to them about it or even return it.

Thanks,
JLM

Sorry we do not discuss or allow to share authenticity in tpf
You may like to seek a professional authentication service

Sorry, I didn't realize such a question would be an issue. I didn't doubt the bag was authentic, but was just asking if the straps came with or without the stamp b/c I wasn't sure. Wasn't sure if it was a different sizing issue or different Gen reason.

Hi there,

I just purchased a beautiful soft Hermes Evelyne GM in Etoupe from Fashionpile. The bag is from 2009 and the blind stamp is M in "square" . So that agrees with the year it is made for authentication. I noticed on the adjustable strap however there is no Hermes silver stamp printed on the leather part on the strap, only under the main snap in the middle.

My question is do all the Hermes straps come stamped or do some not? Fashionpile stand by their products that they sell that they authenticate their products, so I could always go back to them about it or even return it.

Thanks,
JLM

Congratulations on your new bag! I believe that older Evelynes did not have the stamp on the strap. Here's a link to the Evelyne Clubhouse: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-the-evelyne.102006/

Lots of pics and good information there!

Reactions: golconda
In 2013, I ordered additional canvas straps for my etoupe evelyne and when they came in, I noticed that neither had an Hermes stamp. I mentioned this to my SA and the reason given was because the additional straps were made by craftsmen in the US, not Paris, which is also why they were ready in less than 6 months’ time.

In addition, years ago (circa 2010), I ordered a replacement orange Togo leather strap for a Massai PM and when it arrived, it also did not have the “‘Made in Paris” “Hermes” stamp on it and I was told the same thing.

If your strap was ordered as a replacement or additional strap and was made in the US, my SA says it will not have a “Made in Paris” “Hermes” stamp on it (Because it was not, in fact, made in Paris), but it still is authentic.

I think the current process for ordering replacement or additional straps is that all orders go only to Paris (hence the inevitable long waiting time) but this was not always the case.

Sorry we do not discuss or allow to share authenticity in tpf
You may like to seek a professional authentication service

bagidiotic is right; this is the policity and the thread should be closed.
It might seem just a small point and the answer would be of interest to many.
However some of the 'many' might use it for illegal purposes.

In 2013, I ordered additional canvas straps for my etoupe evelyne and when they came in, I noticed that neither had an Hermes stamp. I mentioned this to my SA and the reason given was because the additional straps were made by craftsmen in the US, not Paris, which is also why they were ready in less than 6 months’ time.

In addition, years ago (circa 2010), I ordered a replacement orange Togo leather strap for a Massai PM and when it arrived, it also did not have the “‘Made in Paris” “Hermes” stamp on it and I was told the same thing.

If your strap was ordered as a replacement or additional strap and was made in the US, my SA says it will not have a “Made in Paris” “Hermes” stamp on it (Because it was not, in fact, made in Paris), but it still is authentic.

I think the current process for ordering replacement or additional straps is that all orders go only to Paris (hence the inevitable long waiting time) but this was not always the case.
This is good to know for the future when/if I ever need to order a new strap for my Evelyne's. It's good to know they can come faster than 6 months. The straps get so dirty and pill but I do use mine a lot.

Doesn't seem to me that things like the existence of heatstamps, which are obvious to all and easily seen in photos of bags, are authenticity keys. We are not getting into details, just whether it's there or not which is similar to pointing out blind stamps on Barenia or correct resin for a color.