does all bags come with a box?

blueking07

Jun 28, 2008
I just bought a bag from Gucci in Paris. It came only in a dust bag. Quick question: is there supposed to be an accompanying box? I was so high from the purchase I forgot to ask them for the box! (I didn't think you need to ASK for such things anyway!)

By the way, the service at Gucci in Paris is very bad. All the staff, not just one or two, were horrible and rude and unhelpful. Not worth letting them make commission off you. I wanted to buy two bags but got one instead because of their horrid service.

when they mail it to you i think they are sopposed to put in the box but during the sale i bought from 3 diff gucci stores and 2 of them came with boxes other store just sent it with the dustbag so i dunno it just depends on the sa

When I bought my bag, SA grabbed it from the back room and it came in the box. She just naturally assumed I wanted the box but I told her I wanted to carry the bag right away, so I didn't need the box or even a bag.

When I bought from the outlet over the phone all I got was the dustbag, but when I bought online from Gucci I did get a box.

Oh, and this is in the US

Ditto this! The wallets I purchased from the outlet did come in a Gucci box. When I got my bag from Nordstrom, I asked for a box (for storage purposes) - they didn't have Gucci boxes but they did box it up in a Nordstrom one for me.

You need to ask them for a box here in Canada as well, and most of the time they don't even have any in the boutique here in Toronto. The wallets however are always accompanied by a box regardless.