Does Age Matter ?

My husband and I are the exact same age.

But I always thougth I would marry older, I was younger then.
I met my husband when i was 20, we where on the same page.
We were engaged in 3 months, not many men know what they want
in a wife at that age.

I thought younger guys were too??? Just not ready for me yet!!

Age never was a big deal, just did not want anyone my dad's age.
That would have made me ill!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: If he was like my dad!!

Note: I was and am a dad's girl!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Eskimo said:
out of curiosity, what would people say about their daughters dating someone 3-6 years (or something in that range) older than them?

As a parent I would say it depends on the age of my daughter!

If she was under sayyyyy 25 we would have to have a long talk!

These happened to me when I was 18 my dad was not happy!
** love my dad ** He was correct on that one

LOOKINGOOD35 said:
My husband and I are the exact same age.

But I always thougth I would marry older, I was younger then.
I met my husband when i was 20, we where on the same page.
We were engaged in 3 months, not many men know what they want
in a wife at that age.

I thought younger guys were too??? Just not ready for me yet!!

Age never was a big deal, just did not want anyone my dad's age.
That would have made me ill!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: If he was like my dad!!

Note: I was and am a dad's girl!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for posting. :biggrin:

to some extent, yes.

because you want your kids to have a father when they're growing-up. and not a father who's too old to play with them.

something like that. :weird:

Good Lord!....I'm 5 years older than my husband, it wasn't intentional (he wouldn't leave me alone! :amuse:) but this is ridiculous!! I guess to each their own?!....as long as they're happy :huh:.

I think motives matter more than age. Love doesn't know age, however you'll never convince me that Anna Nicole Smith married that old guy for love! A 30 year old married a 50 year old of relatively the same income won't raise my eyebrows but a 21 year old girl from a lower class background marrying a 50 year old millionaire sure will.

jillybean307 said:
I think motives matter more than age. Love doesn't know age, however you'll never convince me that Anna Nicole Smith married that old guy for love! A 30 year old married a 50 year old of relatively the same income won't raise my eyebrows but a 21 year old girl from a lower class background marrying a 50 year old millionaire sure will.

Wait a minute . . . are you saying that people should only form relationships within their income levels? You can't be serious!

This is really a difficult question and does not have a one size fits all answer. My husband is 68 and I am 56. We are both very fit and give thanks for excellent health. We are active and life is good. When I met my husband he was 50 and I was 38. At that time I could not imagine I would perceive a real age difference between us, but I do now. I have no regrets, but I counsel you to think past simple dismissals of the issue: age even under the very best of circumstances, is not just a number.