Does a very expensive designer bag look silly to you with non-designer clothes?

NO.. I think it's the attitude that goes with wearing or carrying the bag that makes the complete outfit stand out.

I buy clothes from forever21 all the time. The cute trendy tops this season won't be as cute the next season... So why drop hundreds of dollars for something that would last a couple of months?... Okay I probably would if I was filthy rich! hehehehhehe just my two cents.

absl NOT..
I am a lil top heavy and a lil thick around the thighs and i can not fit some of the cute cute designer stuff.. I love chanel clothing and i wear a full 6/8 and it never works out...
i buy from everywhere myself.. i rock everything.....

It's all about style and how you carry yourself!

It's perfectly OK to wear a very expensive designer bag with no-name clothes.

Sometimes, you see people who wear ALL designers but with no style and they look like sh*t!

I do it all the time. Today I went to Wal Mart in a no name track suit with my Chloe Paddington.

I love mixing items like high end bags with maybe one other designer item and the rest no name stuff. I don't think you have to be designer from head to toe.

i dont think so at all!!! all my clothes are not super high end. I mostly shop from the impulse dept at Macy's and I don't think it matters that my clothes don't cost as much as my bags!

I think the fashion changes so quickly, so you do not need to spend a lot on designer clothes. At the same time designer accessories really can make the whole outfit more chik. So do not even have any doubts about it!

Great thread!! I've rocked my LV and Fendi bags with a simple nordstrom white t-shirt, khaki J. Crew shorts and some $2 sequin flip flops I found at a beach town thrift store.

Mixing and matching great pieces is part of what gets me going in the morning! :yahoo: I totally get off on a great bag and shoes to make my outfit whether I spent top dollar, got a great sale deal or found some great basic pieces I can wear over and over and they still look wonderful.

I spend the most on bags, shoes, and accessories but I do also spend on certain items of clothing, where I think it matters, i.e. suits and suit jackets, cashmere scarves and acc, lined pants, that sort of thing. Honestly I don't think how much you spend matters but how you put together the outfit.

There are two types of thinking, the European and the American. Europeans believe that you should buy a few good pieces with good fabrics and spend the $$$. Americans think that they need to buy cheaply with synthetic fabrics and more pieces.

I believe that quality is important. J Crew, BR give you natural fabrics and blends with classic designs. Those are good investments. I would be worried if your closet was packed with stylish fads that come and go. Check out the Budget Fashionista Blog. It is packed with hints.