Does a red bag go with a purple jacket?

I recently purchased a dark purple trench coat from Eddie Bauer. The color is called dark violet. I am thinking of purchasing a bag from Garnet Hill and one of the color choices is a red which I'm told is more orange red than blue red. I'm wondering if it will go well with the dark purple or will it clash? What do you think? Thanks!

I like red and purple together, always have, but I think they work better if both shades are closer together rather than farther apart. For example, a rich maroonish red with an eggplant. I think it could work, but you will have to see both the coat and bag in person to decide. One way to help it along would be to get a scarf that has both red and purple in the pattern.

Thanks everyone. I agree that it all depends on the shades of the two colors. I do think though that it might be the best choice out of all the colors offered which are a really nice peacock blue, a dark brown, a mushroom type color and green.

Depending on the red, it definitely could! I think if you add accessories like a skinny belt or scarf and even your shoes in those same purple and red shades, the colors would blend more with each other! Remember, fashion is fun. Like Joan Rivers said, whats the worst that could happen! :smile: