Does a dealership have to tell you about any recalls on a new car

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a new car, the Lexus 2016 ES 350 But I just found out there is a recall on it, a non completed recall. Can that dealership still sell me that car without fixing that recall.

Thank you

2. Recalls will come from the corporate HQ, not the dealership.

3. #3 Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Since recall repairs are reimbursed from the manufacturer, it usually behooves the dealership to do them...but maybe only once the car has been purchased?

You said this was new from the dealer? It is a Lexus dealership, correct? Maybe ask about a purchase and schedule the recall repairs before delivery?

4. Yes new Lexus car from the dealership

5. In that case, I would just negotiate the repairs in with purchase.

6. Will do. Recalls are supposed to fixed free of charge

7. Yes :smile:

8. Yes that's true. It is through this website that I was able to discover that recall

9. I just found a car without a recall and I'll call the sales man tomorrow to try to get him to transfer that car tomorrow.

10. They should not be selling a car with an active recall, if you just purchased a car and a recall was initiated, you should get a letter in the mail. If you moved, you can call the mfr with your vin and update your info.