DOES a Birkin w/Goldhardware cost more?

Hi All,
Just curious to see if there has been a shortage of birkins with goldhardware? I have been hearing from different sources that palladium is much easier to come by and cost less than with goldhardware?? Is this true...I originally thought gold or silver hardware cost the same price for a 35cm no matter what color or hardware... Is there anyone out there who may know the rhyme or reason to this?

Standard GHW and Standard PHW cost the same. Right now, PHW seems to be more plentiful because, according to my SM, stores are ordering more bags PHW. I asked her why, and she said that in the US at least, GHW isn't anywhere near as popular as PHW.

No everyone is correct, it's more a question of style and GHW is a more classic and stylish look that can be harder for everything wear perhaps however the PHW is a more contemporary feel and easier to match anywhere anytime IMO. I have both and GHW especially to black box or dark green, red croc etc just makes my heart sing :smile:

I have encountered both gh & ph equally both at my local store & in Paris. Why don't you place an order for the exact specifications that you want at your store, instead of waiting for an encounter or if possible try Paris where most people find what they want or try one of the reputable resellers.

beautifulbags as several have already answered gold is not hard to come by or rare no way! Rare can be used for exotic skins etc but not for hardware - it's just a choice. As gga pointed out it's linked to what is ordered and it is not difficult AT ALL to order gold hardware. Both gold and palladium are equally common in stores to my experience and it just happens at some point or another a store might have more of gold or palladium.

I think it depends on where you are - I have seen more GHW in Paris, but more PHW in my local store. I think it could be because the ladies in my area seem to prefer PHW, so it is understandable that the SM would order more PHW than GHW.

^^ That is certainly true in one of our stores. My SA has been with H a long time and she said in the past GHW was the only option but PHW became more requested and thus more frequently ordered and therefore easier to find. GHW is regaining popularity though.

balenciaga bags aren't coming anymore in giant gold hardware because they said it costs more. But they did have some quality issues so don't know how much that got to do with the decision not to produce them. But they get now the rose gold instead so maybe it does cost more for them but.. they don't put the price any higher than the silver.. sorry - podium :biggrin: one.

But personally I really like sil.. podium more than gold :tup:

Last edited: