Does a 30cm veau swift birkin slouch? How much?

Thank you so much, avandome:smile: ! I really appreciate your imput and knowledge. This is exactly the type of information that I am looking for. Because i am familiar with the earlier incarnations of 'gulliver' and its sensitivities, I want to make sure that swift is more durable. Thank you again.

I'm glad you brought up Gulliver; I had a Bolide in Gulliver, and as HG and Shopmom say, the corners scuffed immediately. With Swift, I haven't noticed this...I've had my swift Birkin for almost 3 months now, using it every day, and the corners are still fine (and I DON'T baby it!) Could it be that swift has been improved in this respect ?

Even more than chevre, though around these parts I'll bet it's a sacrilege to say so.

:ban::death:

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? OMG! Dominatrix Teddy'll be around for you later, young lady!

:mad::rant::noggin:

:roflmfao: But you're right, swift is a beautiful leather which holds very well on its own.

Oh GOOD question, Duna.......I'd like to know that too. Does anyone know if Swift has been improved so the corners don't scuff as easily as GUlliver?

You should have seen me when I noticed all four corners of my Kelly with scuffs.......I could have cried!!!! HG reassured me that with a spa treatment all will be well again but now I know I have to be extra careful with that bag....much more so than my Box or Chamonix babies.....

Ladies,

I need to bring this up as I was offered a 35 swift birkin. But I noticed the 35 slouch much more as it is bigger... Anyone has a 35 swift??? I need help ASAP, as I need to make the decision within 1-2 hours.

TIA!

PS: I don't want to start another thread... and if possible add to this one, for the convenience in referencing to the swift leather...

SO HELP!!!...

Wellow, I have a 35 swift Birkin, and it does slouch; what bothers me more than the slouch, are the "batwings" that several ladies have mentioned above...But Swift is such are gorgeous leather under every other aspect, that I can live with the slouch and the batwings!:P

Congrats on your order. I think you made a great choice!

I have a 30 cm Birkin in havane swift, which I bought last month. It does slouch, pretty easily, I must add, but I love it. I think it gives the bag some "character". I think it looks and feels very soft, yet it still manages to be durable. It's a truly beautiful leather. Here's a picture of mine when I first bought her. You can see the slouch on the side (I belive this is a slight version of the "batwing" effect, since the bag is stuffed with air cushions in the picture):
http://img.makeupalley.com/7/0/7/8/579881.jpeg

Trama, congratulations on your order! I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love my 30 birkin in swift!

Here's a pic of it now, after over a month of almost daily use - and being stuffed in a suitcase, and knocking about on trains and planes and automobiles. I carry a lot of gear in my bags, so I can tell you that the 30 birkin in swift holds up very well. Here she is with nothing inside, just to give you an idea of how she stands on her own:

30swiftbirkin.jpg

For comparison, here is my 32 black box HAC, used just as much (although without the trauma of international travel behind her):

32boxHAC.jpg

And here they both are. The 30 swift holds up extremely well, so no worries!

2006.jpg

HTH!

Oh dear GIna :heart:
Because of you, I have a good excuse to buy birkins in the same colour :nuts:

Always thot its not good to have duplication, but what the hell, they are different 'animals' in different leathers ;)

I might be interested in a Swift Birkin if ever available. What are "batwings"?

I'll try and explain: when the straps are pulled tight and closed, each side panel of the bag is nicely gathered together by the strap. If the straps are not tied, the side of the bag loosens out sideways so that each side sticks out like a batwing; this happens more easily with soft leather bags.... Does this make any sense? I'll try and take a pic of mine with the "batwings"....I'll be back...

I have a clemence 35 birkin and a swift 35 birkin and I think the swift slouch more then the clemence, but maybe it's because I use the swift more than the clemence birkin. I love soft bags and prefer the beautiful swift leather over clemence.

I have a clemence 35 birkin and a swift 35 birkin and I think the swift slouch more then the clemence, but maybe it's because I use the swift more than the clemence birkin. I love soft bags and prefer the beautiful swift leather over clemence.

I have to agree with you Nala; I also have a 35 Clemence and a 35 Swift, and I find that Swift is softer and slouchier than Clemence....