Dodgy chloe on ebay? advice please

von

:)
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
ok need some advice ladies, i bid and won a paddy on ebay, the seller doesn't accept paypal and that was fine with me til now..
i won the auction yesterday and emailed about sending payment i eventually get a reply tonight that says

''Hi thank you for purchase,please make cheque to''blah, blah

what's bothering me is i sent a nice friendly email and i get back something you would expect of a company, BTW the previous emails where i asked questions were replied to in poor english. Also on the listing it says item location is merseyside and then they gives me an address in norwich to send a cheque to, i have a bad feeling, what would you do, to pay or not to pay? don't really want bad feedback or a fake bag!!
sorry for the rant!

SollyTia

Feb 2, 2007
ok need some advice ladies, i bid and won a paddy on ebay, the seller doesn't accept paypal and that was fine with me til now..
i won the auction yesterday and emailed about sending payment i eventually get a reply tonight that says

''Hi thank you for purchase,please make cheque to''blah, blah

what's bothering me is i sent a nice friendly email and i get back something you would expect of a company, BTW the previous emails where i asked questions were replied to in poor english. Also on the listing it says item location is merseyside and then they gives me an address in norwich to send a cheque to, i have a bad feeling, what would you do, to pay or not to pay? don't really want bad feedback or a fake bag!!
sorry for the rant!

I have had a recent experience, and stupidly got stung.

If you are in doubt at all. I would try and get out of the transaction. Even if I would end up with an NPB strike.

No paypal, and pay with cheque says no recourse to me, and one risk which I would not take again.

If you receive a fake and have to claim via EBay, you will only get about 1/4 (if that) of what you paid back.

Please if in doubt, don't do it.

von

:)
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
Thank you, i've emailed them and voiced my concerns and reluctancy to complete the transaction so i guess i'll wait and see what they say, i also get the feeling it's a man and that always puts me off, why would a man be selling a handbag!