Documenting Balenciaga Colors

^ The Indigo and Turquoise are my favorites. And no, I've been looking at your Emerald '03 since you posted it, trying to see the difference between it and the current Emerald. (I managed to find a great one at least - it's fairly matte and soft without a lot of veins.) But yours is still a much prettier color - yours has a little more of a teal/dark seafoam hint to it and mine is maybe a hair brighter.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think i died and went to b-ag heaven! Holy moly style101! You have THE most incredible collection of b-bags! I too am always here if you decide to scale down!:love::love::love: Unbelievable! And a great reference too, its so nice to see all the colors together like that for reference! Thank you!

P.S. Mods- this thread deserves a sticky b/c it is an excellent reference as to B-bag colors. Just my two cents!

style101 said:
^ The Indigo and Turquoise are my favorites. And no, I've been looking at your Emerald '03 since you posted it, trying to see the difference between it and the current Emerald. (I managed to find a great one at least - it's fairly matte and soft without a lot of veins.) But yours is still a much prettier color - yours has a little more of a teal/dark seafoam hint to it and mine is maybe a hair brighter.

Ooh! It must be the lighting, it looks a lot lighter in the photo - you did get a great one!

The '03 Emerald is definitely like a dark seafoam - it's very blue green more on the blue side in different lighting, and more green in others and 'algae-like', they are so similar in color - and definitely from the same color family, I know I've said this before... but I wonder if the '03 Emerald was the inspiration for seafoam. :shame:

Here are my babies: Pre-Fall '05 Caramel City, '05 Silver Metallic Box

Sorry, the pics aren't that great.

Attachments

• caramel city.JPG
    caramel city.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 820
  • bcitycaramel.JPG
    bcitycaramel.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 830
  • bbox.JPG
    bbox.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 740
style101!!!! Your collection is astounding!! I'm particularly surprised by the rouille - the pics I've seen so far, and people's comments about the color, have made me think I might not be crazy about it - but yours is very beautiful! Thanks so much for bursting out of the closet like this!

LouiseyPeasey said:
style101!!!! Your collection is astounding!! I'm particularly surprised by the rouille - the pics I've seen so far, and people's comments about the color, have made me think I might not be crazy about it - but yours is very beautiful! Thanks so much for bursting out of the closet like this!

Louisey - I almost didn't even include the Rouille in these pics because it seems to be a "love it or hate it" color. And it's the only one that I presently own which has been on the chopping block for just that reason. (It's the only one I didn't purchase from BalNY just because I wanted to be able to return it easily.) It's made a few trips into its dustbag and by the door to go back, but it hasn't and I don't think it will! Here's why: I passed up Apple Green from this same season last year because it was too bright and I didn't think it would go with enough and I've always regretted it. But here's the kicker: the Rouille goes with more than you'd think it would. It looks great with khaki green, all shades of brown and beige and creams and my favorite outfit with it so far for summer: white top, jeans and coral and turquoise jewelry - it actually matches red coral if you're looking for a reference point.

So while I wouldn't recommend it for everyone (and I'd definitely suggest trying it on before buying it or getting it somewhere with a good return policy), it's pretty with the right coloring. I also wouldn't think it would be great on someone who can't wear warm colors - blondes, maybe? - but I'm a brunette with copper highlights and it works on me. Sorry for the dissertation, and it's not a color I'd push on anyone, but it's not awful either. I also think it's best in smaller doses - I didn't like it on the hobo at all. Bottom line, it's my least favorite, but it ain't that bad.:amuse:

style101 said:
I had pretty much decided that no one ever needed to know my strange habit of owning multiples of the same style in different colors, but this thread was such a good idea, it's forcing me to come out of the closet (literally). :nuts:

Since it's confession time, I'll admit that these aren't all of them - I do actually have some other City's and Hobos as well, but most are just duplicates of some of these colors, so for the purpose of documenting colors, these are quite enough, thanks.:amuse:

P.S. I did the same thing with Chloe Paddys, some other Chloes and MJ's as well - I guess it's that I have such a hard time finding the perfect size and style that fits all of my criteria, that once I do, I stick with what works! But if anyone would like to have me committed, feel free - it's a little embarrassing.

For what it's worth, they're photographed to try to show comparison of colors where possible:

Photo 1: from left, clockwise: Sky Blue, Teal, Navy, Indigo
Photo 2: from left, clockwise: Cornflower, Ink, Emerald, Dolma Green
Photo 3: from left, clockwise: Lilac, Bordeaux, Marron, Turquoise
Photo 4: from left, clockwise: Caramel, Rouille, Chocolate

And please forgive the bad pics - they didn't really want to pose - they just plopped themselves down to show their colors.

Is the Rouille a box? How do you like the style? I have a box and I think I like it the best. I was really surprised at how roomy it was. I can fit everything I need and then some into it. My biggest complaint about the City is that I often can't find things in it, like I am digging for everything from my keys to my lip gloss, you know what I mean?

Style - the rouille does look very nice in your photo's! It looks like you got a great one in that color too.... I saw it in the weekender, and I think you are 100% correct - it looks much better in small doses!

Beautiful pics Style! Your photography skills are very good.

And look on the bright side - they could all be children or pets that you'd have to feed and clothe :lol: Or is that :cry: . And no one from the state zoning board will show up at your door saying you can only have a certain number of handbags per household. Imagine the visual: a uniformed officer carting away the duplicates for adoption into new, loving homes because you exceeded the state bag per household quota. Okay, I'll stop now, LOL! :lol:

Seriously, it's a great collection we all are envious of in a good, supportive way!

roey said:
And look on the bright side - they could all be children or pets that you'd have to feed and clothe :lol: Or is that :cry: . And no one from the state zoning board will show up at your door saying you can only have a certain number of handbags per household. Imagine the visual: a uniformed officer carting away the duplicates for adoption into new, loving homes because you exceeded the state bag per household quota. Okay, I'll stop now, LOL! :lol:

LOL - you've now made me really happy that I only take in stray bags, not stray animals or children. It could be worse.:amuse: