Docride's Hermes Lazarus Thread (can this Hermes be Saved? )

Hello Docride :smile: Having my first post on this blog - quite exciting!

I got my pre-loved K32 Courchevel Gold which unfortunately came with a tint which was not indicated in the original advert. There was a pen mark (which I was aware of) that the shop appears to have tried to remove but unfortunately made it worse.. I'm on the verge of returning it or trying to figure out a safe way to get the original/same gold colour back on it. I attached two pictures - one in the shadow, one directly in the sunlight.

Would you have any tips? Does one go to the official spa, local spa, or try to do some things at home? There seems to be a hoard of information on the internet about magic rubbers, alcohol, hair spray yada yada but I thought this might be one of the more reliable channels to ask. Thank you in advance :smile:

Have a good Valentine's weekend! ♥

Cheers, AD

View attachment 4988147

View attachment 4988150
Hi there,
Ink which has set in over 24hrs isnt going to just lift off. If ink killer is used the finish is also removed which is what you have here. This isn't a home spa project. Most restoration shops will spray the whole bag with color to restore that tiny spot so that the color will be uniform. Keep this in mind if you are thinking of going that route. i think when a shop sprays the whole bag down with color it can look and feel less than luxurious. I would either find a restorer who is skilled enough to do a small restoration area . keep in mind that spot color restoration in the middle of a panel seldom ever looks good as the color of the restoration will oxides and change color over time and begin to look more different than the surrounding area over time. Corners color restoration tends to look better as the eye sees the corners blending better than a spot like an island in the middle of a sea of color..
Anyhow, if the bag wasn't too expensive and you don't mind a bit of a booboo then keep it and try a restoration with a realistic expectation (its never going to look perfect unless the whole bag is recolored), or send it back and find another bag you love as is?
I hope this was helpful?
All the best,doc

Reactions: AmandeDélicieuse
Probably yes it could be made matte again by a restorer (first ask Hermes), do keep in mind as you use the bag it will get more shiny... I know its very disheartening and stressful when we have so many emotions running high on such a major purchase and it gets a first mark by someone other than you self in particular. Anyhow, now no doubt you cant' just stop seeing this mark (although most likely others cant see it at all and you may feel like a crazy woman) This can happen even to the most rational of us, its kind of like PTSD, you don't know it can happen to you until it does. so take a breath, yes it can be fixed and then you can carry on and enjoy your bag.
hugs, doc

Thank you so much, doc, for your reply! You have perfectly articulated my feelings in discovering this mark. I know it’s not a major deal in the grander scheme of things, but it’s really sad and frustrating given the major purchase and excitement over it and all. Thank you for the assurance that it could be restored! :heart: I have since sent the bag back to Hermes and am awaiting their advice on it. Fingers crossed the bag comes back to me in perfect condition!

Reactions: docride
Hi Docride

I am eyeing on a Birkin bag in Vache Liegee leather.
There are some minor scratches throughout the leather (the scratches appear lighter in color) and there are some more major scratches under the hot stamped Hermes logo that seem to be deeper scratches.

Do you think these scratches can be buffed away or "fixed" by Hermes spa?

Thanks!

Attachments

• item_101481946_6.jpg
    item_101481946_6.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 73
Hello Doc I hope you are doing great.
I have got my first H bag is a 1990s market bag which I’ve been lusting for 4 years. But I found it at a good deal that I couldn’t pass. In the description seller said there was some loose threads on the strap as you can see it not aligning well, I could hold the deal and finally have it but I was wondering if I should be concerned about the threads running higher with more use and the strap coming apart and if Hermes can re stitch the strap of worst case replace it it even though courchevel is discontinued and will be hard of course not any time soon. I still feel the strap is strong enough for more use but the little worry sometimes kicks me. I am still loving and happy with my bag but since am an H newbie I wanted good advice from the best. Thank you very much doc sorry for the long rambling.

Attachments

• 9699BADF-671B-452D-988D-2A1F8758908A.jpeg
    9699BADF-671B-452D-988D-2A1F8758908A.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 77622BD1-6549-47A8-B706-FB8709CC5416.jpeg
    77622BD1-6549-47A8-B706-FB8709CC5416.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 45
  • BFC737AF-165A-44B1-8AD6-086F7B0BA1BA.jpeg
    BFC737AF-165A-44B1-8AD6-086F7B0BA1BA.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 44
Hello Doc I hope you are doing great.
I have got my first H bag is a 1990s market bag which I’ve been lusting for 4 years. But I found it at a good deal that I couldn’t pass. In the description seller said there was some loose threads on the strap as you can see it not aligning well, I could hold the deal and finally have it but I was wondering if I should be concerned about the threads running higher with more use and the strap coming apart and if Hermes can re stitch the strap of worst case replace it it even though courchevel is discontinued and will be hard of course not any time soon. I still feel the strap is strong enough for more use but the little worry sometimes kicks me. I am still loving and happy with my bag but since am an H newbie I wanted good advice from the best. Thank you very much doc sorry for the long rambling.
Hi there
I’m not sure by looking exactly what’s happening there, if saddle stitched then a popped or dropped stitch should not cause unraveling. If machine stitched it’s possible to loose more stitches more easily than if saddle stitched. However , it looks unlikely that your bag will come apart when wearing anytime soon. Good news is it’s an easy fix in the future should you wish to have it fixed. I can’t imagine that it would need to have the whole strap replaced . A couple of stitches Abd it’s off to the races as far as I can see by the photos. So enjoy your super cool market bag ! Congratulations! That’s a very nice bag!
mall the best doc

Reactions: ilovedesigner96
Hi Docride

I am eyeing on a Birkin bag in Vache Liegee leather.
There are some minor scratches throughout the leather (the scratches appear lighter in color) and there are some more major scratches under the hot stamped Hermes logo that seem to be deeper scratches.

Do you think these scratches can be buffed away or "fixed" by Hermes spa?

Thanks!
Hi there
This leather like Vache leigee is a two tone finished leather with the top of the grain being a different color than the between the grains color . This makes for nearly impossible perfect color correction
A color in between could be used but it is always less than stellar regardless of the skill of the person working on the bag .
the smile marks below the turn lock will remain sorry to say they won’t buff out , Abd even with colorwork (see above again) the arch shape will still be noticeable. Corners are mire easily color touched up than areas out on the panels and with two tone leathers (vache leigee, also shone colors of Ardennes) Doubly so .
mall the best doc

Hi there
This leather like Vache leigee is a two tone finished leather with the top of the grain being a different color than the between the grains color . This makes for nearly impossible perfect color correction
A color in between could be used but it is always less than stellar regardless of the skill of the person working on the bag .
the smile marks below the turn lock will remain sorry to say they won’t buff out , Abd even with colorwork (see above again) the arch shape will still be noticeable. Corners are mire easily color touched up than areas out on the panels and with two tone leathers (vache leigee, also shone colors of Ardennes) Doubly so .
mall the best doc

Thanks a lot for the thorough explanation. Makes a lot of sense !

Reactions: HBfan81
Hiii Doc! It´s me again!! Hw are you?
Thanks for always being so heplful!

I just bought this bracelet and I loved it. However it is super scratched and it seem dirty between the metal and the blue part.
How can I get rid of the smaller scratcher and clean the edges? Actually, clean the whole thing lol

Thank you always!!!!

18a60451ce342421b1d812219b12cd54af35021dimg-3025.jpg8325902ee350dadcb61c685ba40e5b650e385051img-3025w.jpg46595717ba4f095cc3f2ae8fde0cab1df8185264img-3030.jpg337a4f508c26029e04ddbe2544c01dd368b0e0efimg-3021.jpgabb0285490578bca632cf799a5613cfcff1d5e70img-3020.jpg

Dear @docride,
DH wore his gold sellier vache hunter Evelyn 33 and I wore my 30B Black barenia this past weekend. We were caught in the rain for ten minutes (waiting outside on line for DHs vaccine) Thanks to your skill, when we got home, the droplets wiped off with nary a mark! Thank you! You are the best! Hugs
Awesome ! And welcome back!
hugs,doc

• Love
Reactions: 880
Hiii Doc! It´s me again!! Hw are you?
Thanks for always being so heplful!

I just bought this bracelet and I loved it. However it is super scratched and it seem dirty between the metal and the blue part.
How can I get rid of the smaller scratcher and clean the edges? Actually, clean the whole thing lol

Thank you always!!!!

View attachment 5007320View attachment 5007319View attachment 5007318View attachment 5007317View attachment 5007316
Hi there
I ill have to keep these questions to Hermes leathers and skins... however you can PM me if you like.
All the best,doc