Docride's Hermes Lazarus Thread (can this Hermes be Saved? )

Hey Doc,

I tried to search but couldn’t quite find a timetable. How often should Togo bags be sent off to H for a cleaning / conditioning. If it matters, NY so we get some humidity during the summer and dry indoor air during the winter from the heat.
Hey there!
Great question, I guess its a case by case basis... are you using the bag daily? Is it getting exposed to the elements, dirt and banged about and getting color-loss on the corners ? If so , then maybe 1 time per year, if less used and less exposure....maybe not for 5 years. Its really a case by case basis. Togo and most of the modern tanned finished leathers tend to be extremely hardy, and frequent spa services do tend to be for cosmetic purposes... just saying. I hope this wasn't too wishy washy of aan answer.?
All the best,doc

@docride Hi Doc, I just recently purchased this noir Togo B25 and already I have a white mark on the front of the bag. It’s very noticeable! I have tried using a clean damp cloth to wipe it off but it won’t budge. After the water dries, it just reappears again. Also on the back side, there are some white dots that looks like it’s sitting on the Togo pebbles. I have only used it maybe three times and I am usually very careful with my bags. My other togo B which I own for about 5 years look new and never had this problem. I am sure that the white marks are not ”fat spew” because I had that appear on some of my other togo and clemence leather bags and had success getting rid of it. Please help! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 3C8913FE-DF70-4DDC-A0A9-4A92B51024D0.jpeg
    3C8913FE-DF70-4DDC-A0A9-4A92B51024D0.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 52
  • EB51CBD2-5A1B-4FDF-BF6A-F1B5EF391343.jpeg
    EB51CBD2-5A1B-4FDF-BF6A-F1B5EF391343.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 50
@docride Hi Doc, I just recently purchased this noir Togo B25 and already I have a white mark on the front of the bag. It’s very noticeable! I have tried using a clean damp cloth to wipe it off but it won’t budge. After the water dries, it just reappears again. Also on the back side, there are some white dots that looks like it’s sitting on the Togo pebbles. I have only used it maybe three times and I am usually very careful with my bags. My other togo B which I own for about 5 years look new and never had this problem. I am sure that the white marks are not ”fat spew” because I had that appear on some of my other togo and clemence leather bags and had success getting rid of it. Please help! Thank you in advance!
Hi, Everything looks fixable so that's great news!
The front looks like you'll need a leather cleaner to remove the mark take care not to scrub or push hard into the leather when cleaning. The rear spot marks look like missing color but I cant be certian from the photo... try cleaning first.
all the best,doc

Are these the correct lexol cleaner wipes? There appear to be a few different variations and I'm not sure whether this is the right product:

https://www.shoecaresupplies.com/Shoe_Cleaner_p/lexol-ph-leather-wipes.htm

Thanks!
The cleaner, yes that is ok (its correct) however that is not my universal cleaning choice and I might add I use different cleansers for different problems on different leathers etc... I do have a recommended leather care products list in the reference section which hopeful yo will find useful.
All the best , doc

Last edited:
Hi @docride ! How are you?
I am quite keen to purchase my first preloved Box calf Kelly and the seller has noted some surface scratches and a spot that seems to be darker than the rest of the bag. The seller reckons that that spot almost at the center seems to be a natural variation of the leather. With these type of scratches, do you think I can take care of it myself?
I have Cadillac leather conditioner. Is that something you’ve used before, perhaps? Or by any chance, would you recommend a different conditioner?
In any case, I would love to hear your thoughts as to whether or not these things are fixable whether by myself or yourself or other professionals! Take care and thank you in advance!

B2B94072-0B85-4B0A-A574-EABA2B51598D.png

C691DA4E-B412-4A94-8A0F-1E1F1ABCC35C.png

Last edited:
Hi, Everything looks fixable so that's great news!
The front looks like you'll need a leather cleaner to remove the mark take care not to scrub or push hard into the leather when cleaning. The rear spot marks look like missing color but I cant be certian from the photo... try cleaning first.
all the best,doc

Hi Doc, thank you for the reply! I went thru your list in reference thread for recommended leather care. Can I use Meltonion or Tarrag to clean the white marks?

Hi Doc, thank you for the reply! I went thru your list in reference thread for recommended leather care. Can I use Meltonion or Tarrag to clean the white marks?
Hi those are brands you mentioned not specific products ... Did you look up your leather type an then see a list of recommended product? Then you can choose from the list ... ok?
All the best,doc

• Love
Reactions: mibonbon
Hi @docride ! How are you?
I am quite keen to purchase my first preloved Box calf Kelly and the seller has noted some surface scratches and a spot that seems to be darker than the rest of the bag. The seller reckons that that spot almost at the center seems to be a natural variation of the leather. With these type of scratches, do you think I can take care of it myself?
I have Cadillac leather conditioner. Is that something you’ve used before, perhaps? Or by any chance, would you recommend a different conditioner?
In any case, I would love to hear your thoughts as to whether or not these things are fixable whether by myself or yourself or other professionals! Take care and thank you in advance!

View attachment 4895274

View attachment 4895275
Hi there,
There's a list of recommended leather care products in another thread in the reference section , check your leather and then see the recommended list of products , I hope this helps. I didn't see anything glaring in these photos , you can improve the look of the scratches with conditioning, polishing and buffing.
Good luck, doc

Hi there,
There's a list of recommended leather care products in another thread in the reference section , check your leather and then see the recommended list of products , I hope this helps. I didn't see anything glaring in these photos , you can improve the look of the scratches with conditioning, polishing and buffing.
Good luck, doc
Hi doc! Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll definitely go and check it out. Have a lovely week ahead! Cheers!

Reactions: docride
Hi @docride,
I came across this passe guide but can’t exactly get over the scratches and the crease (?) on the front of the bag. Do you know if it’s something that can be fixed? Thank you!

Attachments

• FACF5F2C-E4B9-4A4D-A260-44E3BCD9A99B.png
    FACF5F2C-E4B9-4A4D-A260-44E3BCD9A99B.png
    846.7 KB · Views: 22
  • E368A1BC-34B6-49D3-A927-6C310F532929.png
    E368A1BC-34B6-49D3-A927-6C310F532929.png
    826.5 KB · Views: 21
Hello, Doc!
Thank you for all you do here! You really help people not to get a heart attack :smile:
I have a problem, I ruined my beautiful Kelly 25 in Epsom leather.
I don’t know how it happened but now it has little leather damage. It is actually not noticeable much but if I am directing the light to that place you can see this spot.
I don’t want to do anything by myself, just want to ask you, according to your experience if it’s possible that professionals in H spa in Paris could fix it and help it to be unnoticeable?E5C6FB13-A7A5-4834-A959-0765D02487B8.jpeg70E5E879-1ADB-4DB0-9877-69094358658C.jpeg06BE20F8-7F5B-4AB0-A16B-5C122724BC15.jpeg