Docride's Hermes Lazarus Thread (can this Hermes be Saved? )

Hi @docride, thank you for sharing your incredible knowledge with us! Do you know if it is possible to get a small dent out of Ardennes leather? The bag is from 1998 in pretty amazing condition, I feel very lucky to have it, but two small dents I’ve recently noticed have been driving me crazy and are making me worried about the structural integrity going forward. The bag recently came back from the spa.

I have seen some recommendations for steaming the bag while it is stuffed, but the idea of steaming this bag gives me anxiety 🤣

If you zoom in on the bottom left corner, you can see the dent, and there is a matching one on the other side (face side of the bag, not front and back of the same side of the bag, in case that’s relevant).

Thank you!!!

1713884896994.png

Reactions: ClaireAD
Hi @docride, thank you for sharing your incredible knowledge with us! Do you know if it is possible to get a small dent out of Ardennes leather? The bag is from 1998 in pretty amazing condition, I feel very lucky to have it, but two small dents I’ve recently noticed have been driving me crazy and are making me worried about the structural integrity going forward. The bag recently came back from the spa.

I have seen some recommendations for steaming the bag while it is stuffed, but the idea of steaming this bag gives me anxiety 🤣

If you zoom in on the bottom left corner, you can see the dent, and there is a matching one on the other side (face side of the bag, not front and back of the same side of the bag, in case that’s relevant).

Thank you!!!

View attachment 5989175
Hi there ,

You can try to rub from the inside of the bag to get the dent to pop out again… I don’t believe it can be perfect but it might help some. I would be very careful of steaming or getting the interior lambskin lining wet because it can shrink the interior lambskin leather which would pull away from the interior walls , bubbling , shrinking which can possibly warp the bag .
Structurally these dents shouldn’t be a problem , this appears to be primarily cosmetic in nature. However I know this can be hard to deal with and your eyes go right to these areas when you look at your bag which can be highly distressing, .. see if the improvement can help you to be able to enjoy your bag.
Hope this was helpful,
Doc

Last edited: