Docfinder vs doing things yourself?

Actually, i do not believe that kind of agencies.. so i brought Eng translator when i had consultation and surgery. the translator also worked in PS industry for a while and now she is working as medical translator.

I agree with btsfans. They provide translating service and even if I'm back to my country, I know I have someone else to enquire on my condition if the clinic doesn't reply. They seems reliable and provide good service from the emails I have been with them to and fro for about 2 months. The price I gotten from them doesn't differ too much from what the clinic quoted me. In terms of medical tourism agency, I think docfinderkorea is better. You can read my review on another medical tourism agency I wrote in my blog.
www.ahyuansan.weebly.com

All are pure speculation and not one person have provided proof of any kind. I am not saying they couldn't be, I am saying that we don't really know for certain as we don't work for one so we don't really know how their business works.

But either way for one thing, they are never "free". Their cost of operations will always come from somewhere (most times from the customer's pocket) and having someone guide you will always have biases/self interest mixed in.
very true. I'd recommend doing research yourself unless you heard of the clinic from someone else you know, they take a cut of course nothing is free

Yeah, nothing is free. They don't get a commission from you, they get it from the hospitals, who bump up the price and charge you a price you think is discounted and at the best rate. wrong! I recommending just doing your own research and taking the extra step do do things on your own. it will be well worth it, financially, in the long run.

I'd recommend doing things by yourself as well if it is for money. Before arriving to Korea, looking for maps and how subway works, places to stay, convenient stores, supermarkets etc is easy now with google
The only thing is language barrier, but if you learn a few sentences and expressions you should be fine. And in Gangnam there is always people that can help you. We're in Gangnam after all, if you walk in shops and ask for help, or people in the streets they would be happy to help

Doing things with docfinder or any other agency is very convenient as you don't have to do a throrough research. They take you everywhere, some agencies would help you shopping for the food or medicine you would need and even do a free Seoul tour. And after surgery, with general anesthesia, pain, uncomfort and all + the language barrier... you mind find helpful people dealing with everything for you

Personnally I'd do everything myself. Because... I don't even know lol maybe more because of money... So I didn't even bother contacting DFK. I kind of feel pressured with someone always with me. But I agree that with surgery it would be helpful when you don't feel your best and those who are super scared of language barrier

I think the clinics treat you better when you go with an agency, I went with eunogo on a consultation tour and all the clinics were took special care so that I didn't have to wait in the common areas oand made sure I got to see the head doctors.

I think the clinics treat you better when you go with an agency, I went with eunogo on a consultation tour and all the clinics were took special care so that I didn't have to wait in the common areas oand made sure I got to see the head doctors.
You will not be treated badly if you don't go with an agency though.
I mean you are treated better because agencies usually have partnerships with clinics. So they agreed to give you discount, to not make you wait, etc
Clinics just agreed with agencies, in their contratcs. And you paid. you didn't pay anything but it was imo included in the price.
Otherwise why would they prioritize you over all the patients?

But if you don't have time, it's a good option to call for agencies to help you

Doesn't agency takes money from the clinic???
For me I think it is better to go alone instead of using agency
because I thought we could get more discounted prices instead
I mean agency will not do things for free

Doesn't agency takes money from the clinic???
For me I think it is better to go alone instead of using agency
because I thought we could get more discounted prices instead
I mean agency will not do things for free
Yes agency take commissions from clinics. But well if the agency have partnerships with the clinic, negotiation for prices will be hard
Yes I agree agency don't do that for free of course. AND CLINICS especially don't want to give commissions for free to agencies. So they agree on a fixed price to show you, so you see NO difference when you email them separately, to make you think you won't have difference in prices. And as they are partners you won't be able to bring down the price much with the clinic, as they already give commissions to the agency