Do your purse has to be leather?

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
I am on a hunt for a purple purse. Saw tons of them that I love but the only problem is they're not leather. Just wondering if anyone feels the same way as I do that their purses, wallets, shoes must be leather.

Oops, let me correct myself, I do own LVs that are canvas, Gucci that is nylon or fabric but I just can't get myself to carry vinyl, plastic or any kind of imitation leather.

Last edited:
Generally speaking I will not buy non-leather bags unless they are specifically for the beach or some other non-handbag purpose. My experience is that they generally do not hold up as well or age as well and they just aren't a great investment. There are many reasonably priced leather bags in the case that I need a beat-around bag. Of course, many of th high-end coated canvases also hold up very well.

As for shoes, they tend not to breathe as well when they are synthetic. I have purchased non-leather shoes, but generally only for special occasions and not everyday wear.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but I tend to prefer leather.

I am the same way. My bags generally have to be leather, I hate canvas and pleather. I'll make a few exceptions for bags that are obviously non-leather such as canvas or cloth.

I definitely prefer my bags to be leather. I don't mind canvas like LV's. If it's a travel bag and it's non-leather I don't care since it's going to be on the dirty floor of the plane anyway.

I have gone through different stages. I used to like fabric bags and did not mind pleather bags as long as I like the styles. But as I get older, I now prefer leather bags over anything else. I also don't mind coated canvas of LV because they are as durable as real leather.

Sometimes I'll see a non leather bag that I think I'll like, but I find if it's not leather, I just don't want to use it. You'd think I would learn to quite buying them!