Do your Louboutins "shrink" back after stretching?

Jun 26, 2007
So I recently bought a pair of Pigalles and they were wayy too tight so I exchanged them for a half-size up and they fit more comfortably. However I still need to stretch the toe box a little, so I've been doing the sock trick. I walk around the house in them with the thick socks for about 20-30 minutes and then I'm ready to wear them to go out.

But then the next time I put them back on they are JUST as tight as before!! It's so weird! I keep the toebox stuffed when I store them.

has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I should get them professionally stretched?

It'll get better as you wear them over time. I have patent flats and if I go a while without wearing them they shrink a little.

they do tend to bounce back if you've only done the sock trick once and briefly...i think they need to be consistently stretched over a few days before they actually permanent get more stretched. i usually do the sock trick and walk around in them for a few days before actually wearing out.

I had my black grease Pigalle 120 professionally stretched and right off the stretcher they felt comfier, but after a while they did shrink back to their original size.

I had my black grease Pigalle 120 professionally stretched and right off the stretcher they felt comfier, but after a while they did shrink back to their original size.

Uh-oh. I had my Laponos stretched professionally, but I probably should have waited until fall when I can wear them!

Uh-oh. I had my Laponos stretched professionally, but I probably should have waited until fall when I can wear them!

Jet, maybe you'll be ok. I brought mine to Arturo's when I went to Msr. Louboutin's personal appearance at Barneys BH and I left them there for only 24 hours. I wanted to take them home with me and not have them shipped however, I think if I had let them remain there longer, they would have been more adequately stretched. Now I keep a shoe tree in them to keep the shape.