Do your Louboutins "shrink" back after stretching?

Jun 26, 2007
So I recently bought a pair of Pigalles and they were wayy too tight so I exchanged them for a half-size up and they fit more comfortably. However I still need to stretch the toe box a little, so I've been doing the sock trick. I walk around the house in them with the thick socks for about 20-30 minutes and then I'm ready to wear them to go out.

But then the next time I put them back on they are JUST as tight as before!! It's so weird! I keep the toebox stuffed when I store them.

has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I should get them professionally stretched?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
they do tend to bounce back if you've only done the sock trick once and briefly...i think they need to be consistently stretched over a few days before they actually permanent get more stretched. i usually do the sock trick and walk around in them for a few days before actually wearing out.

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I had my black grease Pigalle 120 professionally stretched and right off the stretcher they felt comfier, but after a while they did shrink back to their original size.

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
I had my black grease Pigalle 120 professionally stretched and right off the stretcher they felt comfier, but after a while they did shrink back to their original size.
Uh-oh. I had my Laponos stretched professionally, but I probably should have waited until fall when I can wear them!

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
Uh-oh. I had my Laponos stretched professionally, but I probably should have waited until fall when I can wear them!
Jet, maybe you'll be ok. I brought mine to Arturo's when I went to Msr. Louboutin's personal appearance at Barneys BH and I left them there for only 24 hours. I wanted to take them home with me and not have them shipped however, I think if I had let them remain there longer, they would have been more adequately stretched. Now I keep a shoe tree in them to keep the shape.