Do your jumping boots slouch??

I've only used mine once but I think the leather is soft enough to slouch a bit if you don't use boot trees.

Mine are still new, so they are very upright but I'm hoping they give a bit.

I've only used mine once but I think the leather is soft enough to slouch a bit if you don't use boot trees.

Mine are still new, so they are very upright but I'm hoping they give a bit.

Thank you for your response. Initially just the right boot slouched a bit...now both. I have worn them only twice. Sounds like I need to purchase boot trees :smile: Need a boot jack, too!!!!

I was worried because I expect (and try hard to keep) all of my Hermes treasures to be absolutely perfect.:heart:

They are made of leather and however sturdy the leather, they will slouch after some wear. I have a few of riding boots, including the Kelly boots, but I find Gucci riding boots to slouch the least so far. Nothing beats the beauty of the kelly jumping boots though so even a bit slouchier- they will always look amazing!:flowers:

mine don't slouch yet, they are tight and I haven't broken them in yet, I just got them last week (and then fell down a flight of stairs, tore my ankle tendons and now am in those big black velcro boots....oy
I am dying to actually be able to wear the boots slouch or no slouch, I immediately after buying boots had vibram heels and soles put on and I was planning on protecting the leather with creme and polish, when I fell wearing my sneakers

mine don't slouch yet, they are tight and I haven't broken them in yet, I just got them last week (and then fell down a flight of stairs, tore my ankle tendons and now am in those big black velcro boots....oy
I am dying to actually be able to wear the boots slouch or no slouch, I immediately after buying boots had vibram heels and soles put on and I was planning on protecting the leather with creme and polish, when I fell wearing my sneakers

Oh goodness!!! So sorry to hear that you hurt yourself.... :sad:

prettychic, I hope you are recovering quickly!! :hugs: I wore mine without getting the vibrams!! I'm bad but I couldn't wait!

texasgirliegirl, boot trees should help some. The boot jack is amazing!!! I agree with varvara about gucci's keeping their shape the best.

LittleMsPerfect, thanks, I got the vibrams at Anthony's in SF (he is now in a new location on Kearny between Pine and Bush...FYI), I can't wait to wear them, slouch or no slouch LOL
Hoping they will still fit! I never even got to wear them because I was waiting 24 hours for the vibram to "set", oy..

texasgirliegirl, which boot Jack did you order and which shoe trees? TIA
I think boot trees will help restore the natural shape, with my Birkin I keep it stuffed with airbags and it remains fully pouffed and not folding even though it is a clemence which tends to flop. I think the "key" is how you "store" everything, maybe?

LittleMsPerfect, thanks, I got the vibrams at Anthony's in SF (he is now in a new location on Kearny between Pine and Bush...FYI), I can't wait to wear them, slouch or no slouch LOL
Hoping they will still fit! I never even got to wear them because I was waiting 24 hours for the vibram to "set", oy..

texasgirliegirl, which boot Jack did you order and which shoe trees? TIA
I think boot trees will help restore the natural shape, with my Birkin I keep it stuffed with airbags and it remains fully pouffed and not folding even though it is a clemence which tends to flop. I think the "key" is how you "store" everything, maybe?

Hello prettychic,
I have not yet purchased the boot jack or the trees but need to...right now, I just carefully put the cardboard back in and store them on their side in the box....just like my bags :smile:
The boots don't really slouch that much..they just don't stand up perfectly straight and tall...sort of like a mid shaft buckle..my wonderful SA looked at me wearing them and told me that they look like they should. I was just curious because in photos everybody's look very straight. I will say that I am grateful to have taken the looser pair because by the end of the day they feel a teeny bit snug in the toe region.

Just an fyi: the boot jack I bought was the $5.99 one from the PFI western website and it works great! So great that I had to get one for my mom as a stocking stuffer gift too.

Prettychic, thanks for the tip about where you got your vibrams. I've been meaning to take my boots to get done but I have 4 pairs of boots I need to take with me so I keep procrastinating!

Last edited:
I've had mine for about a month or so and have worn them about six times and they are not slouching.
I have just kept them standing in my closet so I can admire them when I walk in there, but I will most likely store them in their box after our very short texas fall/winter season is over.

Glad this thread was bumped as I am looking into getting a pair of Jumping boots, and am also interested in everyone's thoughts as to how these boots do over the long term. Have read all of the "Jumping boot" threads faithfully, but haven't found a lot of info regarding long-term use.

Can those of you who've had these for multiple years share your experiences? Am interested not just in the "slouch" factor, but also if the leather continues to soften or stretch, how well scuffs buff out, comfort level over the long term (e.g. good for all-day walking?), if they continue to look "polished" even after years of use, tips for long-term care, etc.

Thank you all for your expertise! These would be a big investment for me, so trying to do my research in advance. :flowers: