Do your H bags lose their appeal to you after wearing them a few times?

I try not to make snap decisions about my bags when purchasing them. And with each H bag I use I seem to fall in love all over and say "this one really is my favorite" until I use another. Then I say the same thing about it. I just love them all.
That is not to say that I do not lust after more though.

I have made a few wrong choices here and there, but today I carried a bag I hadn't taken out for awhile and it was such fun to carry it. The bags that I love are always thrilling. I feel so lucky to have my bags and all my Hermes pieces.

actually the more i think about it mhmm in my case what keeps the love affair going strong with me is variation. i change bags everyday so each morning i get a thrill for taking another bag for a walk but i have to admit i love some very special bags that i use the least more than the bags that are usd more. but that is the same with everything for me everything i use or see daily i get used too and so it blends in reason why i often stash these things away for some weeks and then when i put them out again it i again love at first sight and butterflys in the stomach.

I'm the opposite. Every time I get my H item, the first few days I feel uncertain about it (not disappointed, but just feel a bit different from what I expected), then it grows on me. Everytime I use it or look at it, I love it more

No, not really but I like to switch my pieces around to keep my relationship with my bags fresh. That way, when I go back to a piece, the thrill comes back, so to speak.
I'm the same! Every time I take a bag out of her sleeper that I haven't used in a while, it's like getting a new bag! I'm always like 'oh I've forgotten how beautiful you are, little baggie :heart:'. That way the love affair always starts anew until it's time to let the bag rest a little and rekindle the love affair with one of her sisters!

I'm the same! Every time I take a bag out of her sleeper that I haven't used in a while, it's like getting a new bag! I'm always like 'oh I've forgotten how beautiful you are, little baggie :heart:'. That way the love affair always starts anew until it's time to let the bag rest a little and rekindle the love affair with one of her sisters!

So true...I pull one out of her sleeper and its :heart::heart: all over again, I feel like doing another reveal, LOL!!!

MrsM..."I feel so lucky to have my bags and all my Hermes pieces. "
So true!! :heart:

Not at all. I think that when you invest in design and quality, they don't lose their appeal. It's the same as with good jewelery. The pieces that I've invested in instead of settling for something nice but less, those lose their appeal and add up to a pile of regret.

I think long and hard (most of the time) before making a purchase of any kind. I'm not one to regret my decisions and am very happy 99.9% of the time. I agree with Hello, that every time you pull one baby out of the sleeper, it is a new exciting experience and you fully enjoy the bag. At this price point, boredom in my opinion, should not be an option. Perhaps there are too many spur of the moment purchases out there and some need to rethink their buying habits or better yet, examine why they have fallen into this pattern. Buy, regret, and try to sell is not very healthy IMO. If one starts out with the mindset of buying to use the bag a few times and then sell and move on to the next exciting bag, that is a preconceived plan and entirely another situation. Have no intent to offend anyone by these comments and I apologize in advance if I have done so, but I find it sad that this is happening with greater frequency and I am beginning to think that it a symptom of some greater unhappiness.

Hmmm...At least two issues referenced... Buy for the thrill...sell...to experience the thrill again...I agree, GK...I am so not interested in that roller coaster, whether it be w/ bags or any other relationship... On the other hand...in some cases one must live w/ and use a bag for a while to truly test compatability...on occasion, something does not work as well as one once hoped... Can be a completely logical, rational decision to make changes in that case...

Oh dear...I hope that when I finally do get my first birkin the thrill will never go away. I am enjoying reading all of your posts and learning a lot. I have coveted the birkin for years now. Thank you all for your honest comments.

I think long and hard (most of the time) before making a purchase of any kind. I'm not one to regret my decisions and am very happy 99.9% of the time. I agree with Hello, that every time you pull one baby out of the sleeper, it is a new exciting experience and you fully enjoy the bag. At this price point, boredom in my opinion, should not be an option. Perhaps there are too many spur of the moment purchases out there and some need to rethink their buying habits or better yet, examine why they have fallen into this pattern. Buy, regret, and try to sell is not very healthy IMO. If one starts out with the mindset of buying to use the bag a few times and then sell and move on to the next exciting bag, that is a preconceived plan and entirely another situation. Have no intent to offend anyone by these comments and I apologize in advance if I have done so, but I find it sad that this is happening with greater frequency and I am beginning to think that it a symptom of some greater unhappiness.

I think engaging in retail therapy too much is a form of acting out a greater unhappiness. I can certainly testify. If other aspects of your life are going wrong, retail therapy does the trick - it gives you seduction, mystery, unattainability, and then the final conquest after great odds (charge your card).

I'm not one to say "Oh, get a shrink," or other solutions. Everyone is capable of finding a balance.

What I've regretted are filler, "IT" bags and they all ended up being sold.

It's only been a few months that I imposed a strict criteria - roominess, timeless style, good leather, good craftsmanship, hand-made, and Haute Couture :graucho: I don't know how many cute, small bags I have. At one point that's all I bought because I wasn't working, but now I need roomy bags, so that's where the roomy Valentinos, H, Valextras, etc. come in. I really regretted Chanels, Diors, Guccis, and LVs - completely uncomfortable, transcient, impractical, and ordinary.

Sometimes... your lifestyle changes! Sometimes you become a mom or working full time or stay away from home for 10-12 hours! You certainly need different bags or a wardrobe upgrade.

Don't guilt-trip yourself though. As soon as you're aware of the pattern, recognize it and be kind to yourself. Greater self-awareness is all that's necessary sometimes.