Do your friends think you are too spoiled/high maitenance?

mkarya

May 8, 2007
Ok, I know this is a sensitive topic. I want to hear what your ladies have experienced with your friends/family. My friends think I am such a high maitenace girl since I buy chanels and even told me if I go on a blind date I should not be wearing my chanels. (hahah..I am single and available):yahoo: This makes feel bad. I know I shouldn't care what others think...but I do:crybaby:

Do you think guys think we are high maitenace and will be afraid???

materialistically speaking my friends and family all think i am a princess............but i have no attitude.....and despite Chanels and other designer bags as well as the shoes which are mainly Chanel, Manolos, and Gucci with some Dior and Moschino and Prada thrown in, my clothes are from the Gap, Macys, consignment shops, etc :tup:
i think if we are nice givng people, thats all that counts
i don't feel bad at all!

I don't have friends that buy as many high priced designer items as I do, but I'm a shopaholic. My friends for the most part have to come to grips that I like nice things. Just because I like Chanel, LV, Gucci, Chloe, Manolo's, Jimmy Choo's, etc. does not take away from who I am as a person. Hey you live once!

No, they don't think - they know! hahahaha.

To each their own...

Besides if anybody wants to call anybody spoiled and high maint. they best go look for P.H. who just checked into jail....text book example - if you ask me.

My bf often jokes about me being high-maintenance but I know he understands and I think** he thinks its ok. I dont spurge on everything though. I spurge on handbags and Louboutins only. and since I developed the new obsession of Chanel bags, I try to sell my older bags to fund my new ones. So personally I dont think I'm not too bad=)

I know maybe one or two people who think I'm spoiled....and I don't really care, because I know I'm not and that's all that matters. In fact, this person has told me before that it's partly because she wishes she had these handbags. So, as long as you don't think you're high matientance, my say is that's all that matters.

The people who matter to me in my life don't know me for my handbags or clothes or shoes... they know me for ME. :smile: I am spoiled, and very fortunate, but the day I ever act like I am, or am better than anyone else for such materialistic reasons is the day I am no longer myself. Sure, some genuine, good friends of mine have no clue about the prices of things and sometimes ask how much something costs (out of sheer curiosity and nothing more) and I respond to them, because I know that they would never would use my answer to make nasty/*****y comments, snap judgments about me, etc. In fact, most of the people with whom I associate do not have more than a few, let alone a lot, of designer things... my relationships are defined by genuinity and not by what I, or others, have. :smile: Truthfully, I prefer to downplay, rather than point out the things I have to people, because the latter can be distasteful IMO, depending on the situation and the friendship, of course. :yes: So, I've never been called spoiled by anyone other than my parents, jokingly of course haha. :smile:

They think that i am high maintenance because simply i am and i admit it. But the people that are close to me care for me and want to be around me for several reasons such as my approach to life, my humor and my sarcasm. As long as you are realistic and stand out for your choices no one has the right to judge you.

Yes! But I think they are crazy because I spend my own money on my stuff, I happen to be the bread winner in my fam, so its only fair I treat myself once in a while