Do your friends think you are too spoiled/high maitenance?

Yes. My family thinks like that too. Like I buy stuffs a thousand times more expensive than their stuffs. But what can I do if that's only what satisfy you? Right?

LOL...got in a huge fight with one of DH's friend about this. He called me spoiled and a no good wife for spending all his money. Little did he know I made more than my DH at the time, and didn't ask DH to ever buy me anything. So fortunately, everyone had my back and I haven't seen this guys face for a good year now...:yahoo:

my friends and family know that i like expensive things (my dh knows for sure, haha) but i don't think they think i'm spoiled. and you know what? even if they do, i really couldn't care less. i work hard for my own spending money (dh gives me some too, he is wonderful that way) so i don't think anybody has a right to call me spoiled or bratty.

some of my "friends" ***** about it behind my back.. and i know. i guess i am spoilt and do buy lots of things but my parents are fine with it and if i'm blessed enough to be able to afford the finer things in life how is it anyone's business? it prob doesn't help that i'm 17 going on 18 with lots of designer things.

i have to admit it does hurt to think that people might define me according to this but i guess in the long run they are shallow or jealous. the funny thing though is that they don't even know how much i spend - they prob know of 1/10th and they still think it's crazy/worth mentioning. silly girls.

YES! they think im the worst. i cant help it i love nice stuff. and i dont spend money on alcohol or go to fancy restuarants like they do- i spend my money on designer goods like chanel bags and louboutins. my future sister in law thinks i am completely spoiled and high maintenance. but hey- to each his own. at least my fiance understands. as long as i pay for it and can still pay rent, he doesn't care.

im GUILTY AS CHARGED! i have been spoiled by my parents, and everyone tells me that. however, i dont think "spoiled' necessarily means ur a brat..lol...i have been spoiled MATERIALISTICALLY, as a child, but i think my parents did so bc they were both working so i was raised by NANNIES..so i think my parents felt bad so they compensated by buying me designer things ever since i can walk... although, if u give me a chance to change things, i would take spening time and seeing my parents more during my childhood over ANY MATERIAL goods money can buy...:crybaby:

my friends think im high maintenance bc they see the cars/stuff i have..my friends know i LOVE purses but they actually get the "high maintenance" impression from the cars that my daddy bought me..but NO ONE ever called me a snob bc im NOT! i think we can enjoy luxuries tastefully, without rubbing it in pp's faces. i like TPF bc we all share purse obessions and we can discuss it freely..but i know alot of pp out there do not have the same passions so i refrain from talking about it with them bc it can give off the wrong impression.

Well, if i really really want a designer something, I save up for it myself and buy it for myself anyway. So it doesn't really matter at all what my friends think - it's decent money and we all have the right as to where we want to spend our rightful money.

Well, I know that my love for high-end bags scares the crap out of DH... but seriously - I pay cash and they are well afforded.

Anyhoo - to answer your question, as long as you are supporting yourself and not incurring debt to support your addiction (yes, it's an addiction!!) why lie about who you are and what you enjoy? That's being dishonest to yourself and to these "blind date" dudes. JMO!