do your cats have you trained?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
We have two kitties - Sammy, who's sweet and docile and Noche, who is cute and interactive but has been a hand-full, especially when he was young. His high energy caused him to be somewhat disruptive and I think that caused me to spoil him a bit more than Sammy. In other words, to keep things peacful for us humans, we cater to him a bit.
One of his best tricks is he goes to the door to go out; I let him out and he sits there at the french door looking in at me. Part of going out is that I put some kibble in his bowl. He has always been slender so overeating isn't an issue. I think he enjoys being waited on--Thinks he is dominating me. I guess maybe he is because I usually do what he wants. This is just on the weekend. During the week, I'm not around to put food in his bowl repeatedly.
Do your kitties boss you around?

I admit I pander to them. They have a well trained concierge on call 24 hours a day. My cats also have trained the dog well too. The dog definitely knows who is the boss...and that the boss has very sharp claws.

i have one that will whine at me, and when i step towards him he'll run towards the bathroom. i know that means he wants the bathroom faucet turned on.... and i do it for him.... i am so whipped!

Oh yes, mine get whatever they want lol. My girl likes to take my bed the minute I get out of it and sometimes she'll be in there when I go to sleep and she's planted right in the middle and will NOT move. She gives me a look like "You can go to bed, Mama, but I was here first and I am not moving. Sleep around me!" lol. My boy gets really demanding with food too, he always goes to grandma when I say no, my grandma is the easiest to get food out of and he knows it lol

Oh yeah my Stitch will just look at me with his big green eyes and I am in trouble. I can't stay mad at him very long. He also likes to "talk" back to me. I call his name "Stitch?" and he goes "meow?" like whaaat? Its funny he sounds like a spoiled kid.:P

They will try. The only trained ting about them is they know a few words, their name treat move no. @ of them will jump up to your hand and thats it. At 330 am???? my female cat jumps in my bed meowing loudly moving her nails up and down and so happy. I told her no and tried to fall back asleep.

I have never been able to effectively teach a cat one single thing. The same cannot be said, however, about a cat teaching me to do exactly what he wants. This is especially true of my most recent kitty. Riley has completely resolved all of our training issues by training me to let him do whatever he wants. :lol: