Do your boyfriends/husbands complain about purse purchases ?

My husband encourages it as long as I don't spend more than we have. He finds my passion for fashion and handbags "cute", and he is fine with giving me advice and his opinion too, even when I browse handbags.
I know if we could afford it, he would be okay with me getting more.
We don't have much money though, so I usually save up for handbags for some time and they are really the only thing I spend a lot of money on.

Bags are really my only vice, and I use my own (extra) money so he's very supportive and on board with it. Ex bf's have not been so understanding however so I sympathize with your plight OP :sad:

Last edited:
As long as my LV and Burberry obsessions don't get too out of control my husbands okay with it, but then I think he's just saving points for the next time he wants a new set of golf clubs.......I'll have to bite my tongue and let him get the pricey ones 😉

Awesome , your lucky!! my husband has really no collections just his motocross , I wish he did at times !!

My husband is supportive of my love for collecting handbags just as I'm supportive of his passion for photography. I buy handbags, he buys cameras and lenses. We are in a co-enabling relationship:lol: Of course, provided that the bills have been paid, there's food on the table and that we use our respective savings/money in purchasing our goodies. Also, it's a win-win for us because I get to use his cameras to photograph my bags :roflmfao:

I think if you presented your love for handbags as a hobby just like how your husband has a passion for motorcross then, that might help him see that you are pursuing your interests just as he pursues his own :biggrin:

It is my money so it is my responsibility how I spend it; my boyfriends either accept that along all the other quirks, or they can move on. No criticism, and no judging! This is of couse reciprocal, with the only rule not to spend ANY money at all in self-destructing or illegal substances.

(And no, las time I checked dog stuff, books, purses, travel, show tickets and hiking equipment did not count as either))

My husband has his drag bike... I have my handbags. We are good with that! He does occasionally comment on the style of the handbag though!

My DH supports my bag collections. He doesn't mind, he knows I'm usually only getting bags that I really like. In fact he thinks I procrastinated too much & sometimes miss the boat. He get more frustrated than me lol