Do your Balenciaga bags RUIN other bags for you?

After carrying a diaper bag and the same bag for the last four years, I decided I wanted something nice around May but I looked and looked and couldn't find anything that made me want to part with $1k. I almost bought a Kooba and a MJ but when I finally got to see the B-bags, I loved them. I am soooo glad I didn't buy one of those others because once I saw the B-bags, I wouldn't have liked them as much. I like the BV's but I am not crazy about the woven styles. I did see one that I really loved but for almost $2k, I figure I can get two b-bags.

I have been giving my b-bags a break lately and making an effort to carry the others. The Stam is beautiful, and I love how the kisslock sounds when it snaps shut -- sort of like how a German car door shuts! :smile: But the thing has got to be the heaviest bag ever made, even without the clunky chain. My Jimmy Choo Ramona is beautiful too and gets lots of compliments, but finding anything in that bag is a nightmare. I love my new Prada Gauffre Tote though. This season's Prada bags are irresistable -- such buttery leather, yet so light to carry. And then I just got a Rochas "Pirate" bag, which is about the same size as the City. The goat leather is unreal. It has the texture of velvet, is very slouchy, and more elegant than the B-bag I must admit. And it's light.

I'm getting a Greige Day soon, so all of the above may be thrown out the window eventually.

I'm relatively new to the b-bag world, but I think I just bought my second in a week. YIKES!

What I love about them: great design with a look that changes depending on the color -- and the colors are fantastic. Unlike any other bags out there. I see the First as an evening bag, and I bought it in Marron, which I think is a very sophisticated color. Twiggy is dressy fun (and I just BINed on auction for one in Rouille, but haven't heard from the seller so I'm nervous), so I've wanted that in Rouille and Blueberry. City is classy casual, so for me I want that in Ink...etc., etc....

What other bags have that chameleon ability? And I'm sure you all see the bags differently and have different philosophies about how they fit into your lives. That is the sign of a GREAT BAG!

Yes, Bbags really do ruin it for me. They are the lightest and the best bags around, and are very comfortable to use and wear. I've only ventured to BV once and have come right back to Balenciaga again, just when I thought that the fever abated.

Buy I do love (still collect) Anteprima's Wirebag. They are the other bags that I'd consider.

Yes, I carry nothing but Bals.
I have tried to carry other bags, but I might as well sell my Prada, Chloe, Kooba, RM, Coach.....I truly believe I will never carry them again.
Even when I was just fresh out of shoulder surgery, and it was very hard to manage a BBag....I lugged one around anyway, and gladly suffered the extra effort!
I am hopelessly hooked.....

YES!
I just sold my last RM and all of my LV bags, but one, that I will keep forever. I am hanging on to my Treesje bags because I love the quality, details, and they don't scream out a name.
Now on to some of my other bags that I must part with since they spend all of their time in the closet...

Me too! Got hooked on Bbags, sold most of my LVs but only kept the Speedys. I've been using my Bbags everyday ever since I bought my 1st Bbag w/c is late last year, I kind of neglected my Chanels & LVs. Sometimes I really felt guilty, so I have to take them out once in a while, but the love is still there. My latest purchase is a perfect Messenger bag, Hermes Evelyne PM in Black, I just have to have her. Whew! :sweatdrop:too many bags, but still craving for more Bal. Now, I have to check BVs...:wacko: