Do you zip?

Jan 3, 2011
My husband pointed out to me yesterday when we were riding home on the metro last night that I don't zip my purses. I never even thought about it but now that I do, I realize I only zip my smaller bags (pochette nm, eva, and slgs). My bigger bags like my Speedy 30s and my Tivoli GM are the only other LV I own with a zipper and I pretty much never zip them. I think it's because I'm always digging in them for something, my phone, hand lotion, lip balm, my wallet and I figure why bother? Bad habit!

I text'd my sister and she said she def zips her Speedy bit never her Palermo GM. So I was just wondering, ladies and gents—do you zip? if only certain bags, which ones?

I always zip, I'm a bit anal that way. However, it's annoying when I have to keep unzipping a hundred times to keep getting back into my bag so I see your point. :smile:

I never zip my handbags. I hate zipping and unzipping a million times a day, especially in tight spaces like the tube or when I'm trying to move quickly. For me its just more convenient.

I never zip my handbags. I hate zipping and unzipping a million times a day, especially in tight spaces like the tube or when I'm trying to move quickly. For me its just more convenient.

An unzipped bag on the tube :faint: lol I'd be too scared! If I carry a bag with a zip I usually zip it, especially if I'm somewhere busy. I've had a purse stolen from a backpack and from a bag in my pushchair before so I'm much more careful and alert now.

I usually zip crossbodys but I have a bad habit of not zipping my shoulder bags. Whenever I'm in a crowded area I always carry it tight on the shoulder though.

I always, I mean ALWAYS zip my bags. It's a habit :smile: Even though I know this I always make sure that I haven't forgot to zip it while I'm on the go. There's a lot of thieves out there, unfortunately.

If my bags have a zipper, I do zip it (Totally/Eva/pochette/speedy).

But I'm a Neverfull fan so I can understand people not wanting to zip. I love the convenience of an open tote. Same goes for delightful.

My husband pointed out to me yesterday when we were riding home on the metro last night that I don't zip my purses. I never even thought about it but now that I do, I realize I only zip my smaller bags (pochette nm, eva, and slgs). My bigger bags like my Speedy 30s and my Tivoli GM are the only other LV I own with a zipper and I pretty much never zip them. I think it's because I'm always digging in them for something, my phone, hand lotion, lip balm, my wallet and I figure why bother? Bad habit!

I text'd my sister and she said she def zips her Speedy bit never her Palermo GM. So I was just wondering, ladies and gents—do you zip? if only certain bags, which ones?

I'm just like you - I don't ever zip my big bags, only my smaller ones. I find zippers to be really annoying... I love being able to just reach into my bag without hassle. If I'm in a public area like the metro, I keep my unzipped bags in my lap. One of the main reasons I wanted a Favorite over the Eva was because the Favorite is an easy, no hassle snap closure (also the shape of it is more my style 😊).