Do you zip your "secret" inner compartment in your bag?

cassielavender

Jan 13, 2019
So recently my bff and i had a discussion about this and not sure what others think! You know how almost all handbags and backpack purses have that standard internal zip pocket inside the bag, I like to call the secret compartment, I always zip that pocket up because I use it to hide my pads for the time of the month. I feel like that is exactly what the pocket is designed for! I feel so weird when I see other girls leave that zip wide open. So my bff told me she dosen't zip her secret pocket even though she keeps her pads in there too because she is lazy. Do you hide your pads in the secret zip too and do you zip it up?

I keep toiletry pouch inside bags. To easily locate sanitary supplies.
Often leave pocket you mentioned unzipped, to hold phone.
Or snack bars.
Or both.

As needed, I will leave bag & carry packaged tampon/pad in my hand. Walking to toilet.
Because women menstruate. There it is.
Anyone unable to deal with this fact o' life can avert eyes & think about unicorn clouds or something.:rolleyes:
Not my problem.

I keep my pads in a small Longchamp LP toiletry pouch when needed.
I keep my key pouch (and also a mini wallet, if I happen to carry one) in the inside pocket and I zip it if my bag is open.

I've never used that pocket for sanitary napkins. I would use a cosmetic case.

As far as leaving the pocket zipped, it depends on the bag and how many pockets it has. On some of my bags, I use that pocket to store the original tags and receipt. Then I leave it zipped and try to avoid using it. On other bags, I leave it unzipped and put my phone in there.

I don't keep anything in the zippered pocket. Every single purse I've ever owned I just never found a reason to use it. I prefer the slip pockets on the other side, they're quicker to utilize. If you feel the need to "hide" your pads, though, I think the zip pocket would be a fine place for that.

I keep toiletry pouch inside bags. To easily locate sanitary supplies.
Often leave pocket you mentioned unzipped, to hold phone.
Or snack bars.
Or both.

As needed, I will leave bag & carry packaged tampon/pad in my hand. Walking to toilet.
Because women menstruate. There it is.
Anyone unable to deal with this fact o' life can avert eyes & think about unicorn clouds or something.:rolleyes:
Not my problem.

The same here.

Reactions: remainsilly
The same here.
So recently my bff and i had a discussion about this and not sure what others think! You know how almost all handbags and backpack purses have that standard internal zip pocket inside the bag, I like to call the secret compartment, I always zip that pocket up because I use it to hide my pads for the time of the month. I feel like that is exactly what the pocket is designed for! I feel so weird when I see other girls leave that zip wide open. So my bff told me she dosen't zip her secret pocket even though she keeps her pads in there too because she is lazy. Do you hide your pads in the secret zip too and do you zip it up?
I always use that zippered compartment for original tags and receipt. Leave it zipped and forgotten about. I converted to a menstrual cup about two years ago, and never looked back- so I never have to carry around any sanitary accoutrement. As a side note- I high recommend it!!

I'm curious as to why both of your first threads on the forum have to do with pads, periods and hiding them.

Personally though, the only times mine are tucked away and zipped up is when I'm hiking, for hygiene reasons.

And for the record, women menstruate, no shame in that or pads. Hiding these things is how you end up with men in their 20s who think babies come frm the same tube as pee.

I keep the pocket on the inside of my Louis Vuitton Neverfull open and keep gum, chap stick and other things for easy access. I keep woman products in a cosmetic bag along with lip color, lotion and perfume

Sometimes if I have a water bottle in my bag (*waits for shrieks to subside*), I put my cell phone in that pocket and zip it up. Keeps it nice and safe from any accidents. I also like it for makeup, a compact mirror, mints and eye drops because i’m not organized and don’t use pouches.

Thanks for all the replies! Seems like that pocket is more versatile than I thought :doh:

I'm curious as to why both of your first threads on the forum have to do with pads, periods and hiding them.

Personally though, the only times mine are tucked away and zipped up is when I'm hiking, for hygiene reasons.

And for the record, women menstruate, no shame in that or pads. Hiding these things is how you end up with men in their 20s who think babies come frm the same tube as pee.

I lurked in this forum for a while, but didn't create an account because I didn't want to post anything. But recently I was talking to my bff telling her that I want to purchase a Chanel, amongst the things that came up was this topic, which she was telling me its not a big deal to not have a zip pocket. Just wanted to ask what others do with the zip pocket otherwise

Maybe the hiding thing is something from my upbringing? My mom always warned me about this since young and I'm used to it. It has become something I do more of a habit now and i'm not ashamed of it or anything.