Do you work hard to spend it?

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
On another forum (not related to bags) there's a thread about authorized dealerships throwing up various barriers to purchasing. Someone commented to the effect of, "I work hard to make my money. I'm sure as heck not going to work hard to spend it."

I thought about Hermes and the sometimes complicated dance to acquire, and about my own nature when dealing with retail experiences. Do you "work hard" to spend at H, or go with the flow and/or buy only off the shelf?

I go with the flow.....if there's really something I have to have in a particular color/leather combination and I can't find it in-store anywhere then I'll check on-line or see what a reputable re-seller has on offer.

So far I have always gone with the flow. I shop in many different stores and usually look when I travel (sometimes a bit out of my way), but I haven't worked really hard at keeping an SA happy or anything like that. I haven't been that particular about specific combinations, and so far I have managed to get what works for me.

I've bought a lot of my H stuff at the Paris sale, so yeah, I work very hard. :P

I've done a little of both, I suppose, although these days I am even more picky than I was originally, so it's all hard work from here, I think.

I'm kinda chilled about it all, but then, that may be that's because since there isn't an H store in my locale, I have to rely on checking out the stores when I travel or when DH does!

I wouldn't say that I work hard to buy Hermes; in fact, it's way too easy for me to buy! One phone call, charge it to my card on file, and done! What kills me is all the waiting (because I shop long distance)...waiting for my SA to email pictures, waiting to hear what colors are available, waiting for her to locate items, and of course, the two days (4 if I call on the weekend) it takes for shipping. Oh yes, and the unending wait for my SO. I guess I AM working hard when I shop with Hermes...working hard at being patient!