Do you wear your jewellery everyday or do you keep it for best?

Oct 16, 2008
Hello,

Don't know if this has been posted before. Did search but nothing came up.

Do you wear your really good jewellery everyday or do you keep it for best?

I have been clearing my jewellery box lately and find that when I have too much jewellery I need to part with it. So lately I have been wearing my gold diamond necklace and gold amethyst necklace during the day as I see its pointless keeping them for best. Should I part with my gemstones set in silver and keep my diamond necklace and amethyst necklace to get the wear from them?

Just curious to know what you do.

I wear my good stuff on a daily basis. I wear mostly the same rings (my wedding ring and a set of tri-color diamond stacking rings on my right hand), diamond stud earrings (1ct TW) and a small pair of rose gold hoops, and for necklaces, I alternate between a white gold Tiffany diamond flower necklace, a 1.25ct yellow gold diamond solitaire, or if I want something plain, I wear my Tiffany rose gold key. I also have a couple of "fun" necklaces like a sterling silver swirly initial pendant (with the initials of my two children), Chanel pearls, etc.
I would say that if you're not wearing your jewelry much at all, then it's time to part with it. Choose your favorite pieces and save them.

i wear my good jewelry on a daily basis. most days i'll wear my cartier tank f watch, e-ring and wedding band, van cleef mother of pearl clover ear studs, david yurman 18k necklace (it has a small circle of diamonds as a pendant...i have no idea what it's called), and a sterling silver movado bracelet my mom gave me several years ago.
i have other stuff that i'll rotate in and out depending on what i'm wearing or if i'm in the mood for something different. i'm saving stuff that i'm not currently using to eventually pass down to my niece when she's older. if you have stuff you aren't using and really don't see yourself using, then maybe it is time to part ways.

IF I wear anything it's my wedding set, though often it's no jewelry or a plain band lately. For good events I try to remember my studs. But I haven't worn them much at all.

daily basis!!

I wear 2cttw studs, diamond wedding ring, wide sapphire/diamond RHR, Rolex and tennis bracelet everyday. Even w/ sweatshirt and Uggs :biggrin:

I have other jewelry in my jewelry box, can't wear every single piece every day, but I definitely don't "save" the good stuff.

I try to wear my good jewellery everyday as well! Granted, my collection is nowhere near as extravagant as swanky mama's and everyone else's. On a daily basis, I will always wear my small diamond solitaire on my right hand along with my princess cut studs (or else my small platinum hoops). Also, my Tiffany Etoile necklace is always on my neck. Actually, these three pieces never come off of me (except for the shower). And sometimes I wear my ruby or sapphire on my left hand.

when I buy my jewellery I spend more on everyday pieces that I can wear 24/7 an get maximum enjoyment out of them so I buy gold, diamonds, gemstones etc... for my gala or cocktail pieces I wear them maybe 2 or 3 times a year each and they tend to be more statement pieces so I spend less on them and buy costume because they don't have to stand up to daily wear---and I cannot afford to spend 100k on a big bold statement bracelet that I would only wear once in a while!!!

my daily pieces are:
1.5 tctw diamond studs
yellow diamond RHR.
VCA 5 motif alhambra YG bracelet & tiffany platinum dbty bracelet.
my daily necklace is a Bvlgari Bzero pendant in RG or for something dainty a YG dbty, or RG champagne diamond solitaire.

I kind of do a mis-mash of both good jewelry and not so expensive jewelry. I wear my wedding set, my white gold cross with diamonds, lately I've been adding a second shorter necklace which is a small star with diamonds which my son gave me for Mother's Day. On my RH I wear a small white gold promise ring with tiny, tiny diamonds in it that my DH's father gave to his mother when they were dating. I just got this ring about a month ago and I :heart: it, simply for the sentimental value.

I have 7 piercings total in my ears, 3 in each lobe and one in my left cartilage. I have a tiny, tiny diamond that I wear in my cartilage piercing and the others are CZ studs. I'm always scared I"m going to lose real diamonds in my ears, so I don't wear any. I generally keep the studs in holdes #2 & #3 and only swap out the earrings in hole #1 which is generally only for special occasions.