Do you wear your designer bags to church?

lucidbabe

O.G.
May 15, 2006
it was in the thread on wearing designer bags to work when I thought about this. It is Holy week this week, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday the next 2 days... I consciously do not wear my designer bags to church..
especially those with logos or flash.. the most I'd do is an old balenciaga city or Anya hindmarch as they are convenient and hold the things I need them to hold while at church.. i.e. kid's water bottle, socks, phone, bible, DVDs to return to the church library, Ipod touch for the electronic bible and a sweater

what about you girls?

I just worry it send a wrong message if I carry big flashy bags to worship ...

Yes. I carry whatever bag I happen to be wearing anyway. Today I'll be attending a church ceremony in France and carrying the Balenciaga Twiggy I brought over from Ireland.

I'm using my old lv bucket bag. I've been using it since the start of April. I see nothing wrong with using a designer bag to church or this Holy Week. If people judge me, then, they should go to confession.

I know why you are self conscious about your designer bags, I felt the same too as the times are bad and it may not seems to be in good taste to "flaunt" your "logos" around. But hey, I thought you should wear your "Sunday" best to Church....

I think I will tone down for tomorrow and Friday, but Sunday will be a celebration, I will wear nice clothing to church.

not a church-goer here...but aren't you always supposed to look your best...ie "sunday" best for church? So, why would that extend to the bag you are carrying? Seems contradictory to me.

I hardly ever bring a bag to church because of this story....

My MIL goes to church daily... and one day she left her LV purse in the pew and went up for communion. Next thing she knew it was GONE. And it was a weekday mass so there weren't a lot of people and she lives in the burbs. Scary story that someone would stoop that low at church!

If I do carry a bag to chuch, I won't even set it in a pew when I'm sitting next to it!

I carry my LV Tivoli GM and Tulum to church all the time. I get compliments from the other ladies who are also carrying designer bags.

If you have them, I say wear them proudly.:greengrin:

nanette0269 I don't think there is an issue in terms of carrying a designer bag as there isn't any judgement that I know of, I to church personally I do carry my designer bags and so those my mum as well as other church members.

I hardly ever bring a bag to church because of this story....

My MIL goes to church daily... and one day she left her LV purse in the pew and went up for communion. Next thing she knew it was GONE. And it was a weekday mass so there weren't a lot of people and she lives in the burbs. Scary story that someone would stoop that low at church!

If I do carry a bag to chuch, I won't even set it in a pew when I'm sitting next to it!

That's happened here too. It's a shame.

I wear whatever purse I happen to be carrying that day and that does sometimes mean one of my designer bags. But, I always hold onto it somehow- when I stand up for communion it comes with me, etc. Even if it is not a designer bag, I still always hold onto it.

Carolz, I think that is too funny about confession! So cute!

I do wear my best bags ( I don't think that anyone would a. recognize them b. think they were expensive/real)
I DO NOT wear sexy shoes to church, though. Flattering everything else... but I try to tone down the shoes.....so I respect your sense of worship etiquette.