Do you wear Marc Jacobs clothing to go with your bags?

I have some MBMJ, but I generally think it's too expensive for what it is/the quality. So much of that line is directly ripped from vintage stuff (have you heard of rag-pickers? I bet MJ employs a metric ton of 'em), and I'd rather have something old and unique than the China-made modern knockoff. Doesn't mean I don't snap it up if I see something cute majorly marked down, though!

I've never really loved most of the MJ collection stuff I've seen in person, though I do like a few pieces I've seen in pictures. (Some of the dresses on elux right now are cute, like the one with the swans/mice, but not cute enough to pay even the sale price.) The fit just seems odd on the garments I've seen in person -- kinda frumpy -- with nothing about the separates really seeming that luxe/unique.

I have a few neat MBMJ jackets and hoodies, but I've found that the tops and dresses aren't very forgiving if you have breasts larger than a B cup. We aren't all stick thin and flat-chested, Mr. Jacobs!! Curvy rules!

I have quite a few mbymj pieces (tops & coats) but I don't wear them b/c they are marc jacobs, just 'cause I think they are cute! I went through a phase when I loved almost all of the clothes in the mbymj line, but I'm not feeling it as much lately (although I still like the items I purchased 2-3 years ago). I don't own any MJ clothes, way too fancy for this girl (& not a match for my lifestyle.... mom of 2)

i just went back to check out that blue top i put back the other day.....bummer part was they put those magnetic safety tag right through the back of the shirt, making a small hole, and also a popped seam in the shoulder....so i put it back.

i actually started buying mj clothing before getting into the bags so i have accumulated quite a few pieces over the years. mostly tops, dresses, and jackets. i usually wear more mj during colder months (fall/winter) because i love mj jackets and the tops are more seasonal.

I have some MBMJ, but I generally think it's too expensive for what it is/the quality. So much of that line is directly ripped from vintage stuff (have you heard of rag-pickers? I bet MJ employs a metric ton of 'em), and I'd rather have something old and unique than the China-made modern knockoff. Doesn't mean I don't snap it up if I see something cute majorly marked down, though!

I've never really loved most of the MJ collection stuff I've seen in person, though I do like a few pieces I've seen in pictures. (Some of the dresses on elux right now are cute, like the one with the swans/mice, but not cute enough to pay even the sale price.) The fit just seems odd on the garments I've seen in person -- kinda frumpy -- with nothing about the separates really seeming that luxe/unique.
:tup:

I just won the most beautiful MJ collection dress off of Ebay for SPIT (seriously 40 dollars)! It's black and white silk with lace ribbon details......super pretty.
I also scored an MbyMJ Black Wild Cherry dress for 50!!! I will buy MJ clothing when I get a bargain, I just have a super hard time shelling out big bucks at retail for clothing that I may decided next year isn't "in".....KWIM?

yah, ebay is a great place to buy MJ clothes at a decent price..just make sure they aren't fakes, as some of the more popular clothing items and shoes are knocked off..

congrats on the dress! you should take modeling pics with a MJ bag when you get it!! :tup: