do you wear makeup during allergy season

roses5682

Jan 11, 2011
My allergies are out of control! Everymonring my eyes are super super bright red, extremly irritable and my face is swollen. It takes a hour or so before i start to feel better. Because of my allergies I havent been wearing as much makeup as I normally do. Lately its just been tm, blush and lip gloss. Am i alone?

xlana

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
I still wear sunscreen and maybe a bit of bronzer to give me a little color since allergies make me looked washed out. But I definitely don't wear any eye makeup during allergy season.

Ugh, I want it to hurry and pass since allergies coupled with law school finals are ruining my skin!

goodmornin

yanko
O.G.
May 14, 2006
I need to wear eye make up even though i have the WORST allergies.

On workdays, I take a Claritin as soon as I wake up and apply some antihistamine eyedrops. On weekends, I'll wake up and see if any allergies are kicking in (most likely they will), and then take my Claritin and eyedrops as needed.

Pfnille

Loving Louboutin
Nov 2, 2010
I tone down as well on eye makeup, because with red swollen eyes, your eyes easily appear like little rat eyes. I do wear a bit, though; I make sure to do an extra top coat of waterproof mascara.

hpjrt

May 28, 2011
So glad to see that I'm not alone. I avoid eye makeup of any sort during allergy season. I do apply Aveda Tinted Moisturizer [which gives my face a little colour] and will sometimes follow that with some finishing powder and a bit of blush ... but that's it!

Mary

Aug 14, 2009
Same here! I never had allergies until a few years ago and this year has been especially bad!! I've been wearing hardly any makeup, especially little on the eyes (very light on the mascara since my eyes are watering/itchy all the time). The one plus is that I'm sure my skin/eyelashes are loving the rest!

Loren8443

Nov 26, 2010
I think I look weird without eyeliner and mascara so I always wear it despite allergies. I take an oral antihistamine first thing in the morning during allergy season, but I plan on buying eye drops too.
It's so difficult applying makeup when my eyelids are swollen- and I'm sure it's not good either. lol