do you wear holiday jewelry?

diamondangel

Mar 17, 2012
do you wear jewelry for Christmas/Hanukah/any other seasonal holiday? when do you start? I'm looking for something nicer than the Christmas tree/wreath necklaces or pins made of colored stones that come out every year. I'm thinking about jewelry with a holiday theme rather than received as presents. thanks.

dialv

VCA*Hermes*Yorkie
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
I love holiday jewelry, I have a Miriam Haskell bracelet with dangling bells. I am going to wear it at my in-laws Christmas supper. Along with my Abonimable Snowmonster t-shirt that says Give me all your Presents!

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I have a cute abstract multi-color Christmas tree pin by Eisenberg that I picked up on Ebay several years ago. Also a vintage Tiffany sterling brooch from my MIL that shows Christmas bells. Getting more corny as I get older.*wink*

Junkenpo

CHOOSE KINDNESS
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
I buy cheap jewelry every year to wear at Halloween and Christmas. Really cheap...like Claires and F21 cheap. lol It's fun. For halloween its the cats and bats and pumpkins and black. For Xmas, I do the whole candy cane snow flake holly leaves bling and hats and socks and blinky light necklaces.

I wouldn't mine finding a regular holiday piece... like I wish I could have afforded that sterling & 18k spider cuff from Tiffany a few years back, or that I could find a really precious Xmas brooch.

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Round about ten years ago, Tiffany and Paloma Picasso made a sterling jingle bell collection. They only made it one year (but there were still a few pieces available the next year) but it is my favorite holiday jewelry, subtle yet whimsical

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I do not, I am completely scrooge mcduck, I allow "holiday" things ONLY in the 18-24 hour span OF the actual day. Period. No other time is it allowed. No music, no wreaths, no decor, no sweaters or jewelry, no commentary. NONE of it! I don't even really wear my rings on the holidays either because there's so much cooking and craziness.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I have a gold and diamond snowflake necklace, which is more seasonal where I live than holiday themed. That seemed the best compromise to me so as not to overspend on a piece that I could only wear for one month a year.