Do you wear head-to-toe designer clothing or do you like to mix and match?

I focus on great quality, fabric and fit in clothing - thatdoesn't always equate to designer clothing, but I have to admit, I personally do stick to a few favorite designers (contemporary brands like Rebecca Taylor, Cynthia Vincent, and Theory) just because I know I can rely on how the clothes will fit, that they will be a certain level of quality, and that they will be designs I love.

Tank tops and other layering-type pieces are another story - bring on H&M and Target! I know they'll be stained/worn out and have to be replaced pretty quickly anyway. No point in throwing money at those IMO.

Putting my own habits aside, my overall theory is that you can look expensive without spending a ton of money. I think shoes and bags contribute most to that.

no - Im not a fan of head to toe designer

I like well made clothes but they dont have to be designer -I wear a nice bag, sunnies, watch and always premium denim only because of fit and jeans are my staple.

I am casual and head to toe designer isnt my thing.

90% of my clothes are affordable brands like Zara, I now have very few exceptions of designer clothing,2 pairs of pants, a few button down shirts, 3 coats, that are high end designer brands. I prefer buying high end shoes, bags, scarves, and fine jewelry, in a few words investing in items that age and size doesn't matter.
One with good taste doesn't needs designer goods to look good, top to toe brands sometimes is a sign if lack of personal style/taste.

90% of my clothes are affordable brands like Zara, I now have very few exceptions of designer clothing,2 pairs of pants, a few button down shirts, 3 coats, that are high end designer brands. I prefer buying high end shoes, bags, scarves, and fine jewelry, in a few words investing in items that age and size doesn't matter.
One with good taste doesn't needs designer goods to look good, top to toe brands sometimes is a sign if lack of personal style/taste.

Great post! I totally agree with everything you wrote!:biggrin: