Do you wear hat?

The things with hats is that it's quite improper to wear indoors, and I am hardly ever outside. If I wear a hat around and then go indoors, I would have to carry the hat around, which complicates things.

But one time at Neiman Marcus I did see a woman wearing a fabulous fedora type mini hat. It looked fabulous.

I go back and forth between wanting to and not.
I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from the '20s and '50s now (often directly, by buying vintage clothes), and sometimes I really think that hats would add a lot to the look, and other times I feel they would make my outfit too period or kitsch.
For one week, I had three or four '50s hats on my watch list on Ebay, and close to right before the first would end I decided they weren't good for me.
Besides being "unusual", hats can be just so much extra work(depending on the type of hat).
Some hats you can just throw on over your head and it will completely cover your hair, but for most I feel like I'd have to do even more with my hair to make it look perfect so that the hat doesn't look out of place, and then sometimes your head starts to itch or get hot....and it can just be a hassle sometimes. Did I mention I'm a guy? Haha.
Who knows though. Maybe I'll get a simple cloche or fedora to wear often.

lol seems like a lot of thinking is going on :P
with hat i wouldn't purchase from ebay, i think we should try it on before buying thou.

the only types of hats i wear are summer hats, ball caps, and newsboy caps.

summer hats with my hair down (straight-ironed),
ball caps with a ponytail or hair down (hat a little to the side),
and newsboy caps with curly hair (hat to the side also.)

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 46
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 43
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 51
I LOVE hats. Some of my favorite styles are newsboy caps, fedoras (LOVE LOVE LOVE), driving caps. One of these days I will take pics of my hat collection. My husband hates out closet because I have hat boxes everywhere. LMAO!!! I wear most of my hats in fall/winter/early spring.

I LOVE hats. Some of my favorite styles are newsboy caps, fedoras (LOVE LOVE LOVE), driving caps. One of these days I will take pics of my hat collection. My husband hates out closet because I have hat boxes everywhere. LMAO!!! I wear most of my hats in fall/winter/early spring.

Please, do take pics of your hat collection. I'm sure everyone here, including me, would love to have a peek:tup: