Home & Garden do you watch HGTV?

Spoiled is right.
I always wonder why they need a high end kitchen: so they can microwave pizza?
And why does a twenty something NEED a spa bathroom? Think life is stressful now, add a kid or two. Maybe some aging parents. See how much time you have to spend in the jetted tub.

Sometimes hotels are unwise enough to trust me with a jetted tub.
And bubble bath.
Together.
Once I blow through all the towels, people with mops & scowls arrive.

Sometimes hotels are unwise enough to trust me with a jetted tub.

And bubble bath.

Together.

Once I blow through all the towels, people with mops & scowls arrive.

Well I blame the hotel. They make special bubble stuff for jetted tubs. If they are unwise enough not to stock it then they deserve the extra clean up.
I am always surprised that people on reno shows never seem to notice how their houses are in such bad shape.
"We never noticed the foot of water in the basement when it rains. Will that take money from the budget?"

Well I blame the hotel. They make special bubble stuff for jetted tubs. If they are unwise enough not to stock it then they deserve the extra clean up.
I am always surprised that people on reno shows never seem to notice how their houses are in such bad shape.
"We never noticed the foot of water in the basement when it rains. Will that take money from the budget?"
Or when they get all angry because the crappy gonna-start-a-fire ancient electrical HAS to be fixed and now they can't get the extra powder room or something.

One thing that always bugs me is when they do a first look at the place that they will be renovating (Love It or List It) and the entire living space is wall to wall toys.

Now, I don't have kids but I know that THESE kids have way too many toys. When the reno is all done--there are no visible toys!! Where did the toys go? :amazed: If there hadn't been so many darn giant plastic doll houses and trucks, and Legos, etc. all over the place, the house would have looked lots better, heck, it might have even been an "open concept" first floor but no one could see it.

And speaking of "open concept" design, I wonder how long it will be before this is deemed old fashioned and the need for walled off rooms returns. :graucho:

All the time.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the people who have completely unrealistic expectations for what their home should be, especially the ones buying their first home. The whole obsession with the perfect space for entertaining is pretty irritating!

All the time.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the people who have completely unrealistic expectations for what their home should be, especially the ones buying their first home. The whole obsession with the perfect space for entertaining is pretty irritating!

People that talk about "entertaining" are the ones that never do so.

I don't like the ones that complain about fixable things. "The furniture is terrible here!" It's not going to stay! The homeowners will either take it or you can donate it! Or it's just for staging!

"I hate this paint color, I hate the house" it seriously takes like a few days to change a room color.

And yes, lol love the "need" for a million dollar house severely out of their first home budget. Like seriously!

Everyone's an entertainer, and everyone needs a home office filled with calming solitude.

Though I do like the competitiveness in love it or list it. Haha. I still like the twins too.

"Love it or List it" is being sued.

"The lawsuit claims the show left their house with holes in the floors, windows painted shut and shoddy carpeting."

article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...rolina-homeowners_us_57167982e4b06f35cb70dca7

I stopped watching Fixer Upper Too. Joanna is a one trick pony. Everything looks exactly the same, and it's all staged.
The couples can buy the furniture or not, but it's not included in the reno budget.

If they could stop saying "Is this the same house?" then I could be happy.

The producers need to come up with some new lines to tell the contributers to say.

The one that makes me CRAZY is "This looks a little small".
Once I saw a couple buying AN ISLAND and guess what the first thing they said was?
Yup, you guessed it. Looks a little small.

One thing that always bugs me is when they do a first look at the place that they will be renovating (Love It or List It) and the entire living space is wall to wall toys.

Now, I don't have kids but I know that THESE kids have way too many toys. When the reno is all done--there are no visible toys!! Where did the toys go? :amazed: If there hadn't been so many darn giant plastic doll houses and trucks, and Legos, etc. all over the place, the house would have looked lots better, heck, it might have even been an "open concept" first floor but no one could see it.

And speaking of "open concept" design, I wonder how long it will be before this is deemed old fashioned and the need for walled off rooms returns. :graucho:
Right? Exactly!

I saw an article that open-concept kitchens are already on the way out. I'll dig around and see if I can find it, but last time I looked a lot more had popped up.

Right? Exactly!

I saw an article that open-concept kitchens are already on the way out. I'll dig around and see if I can find it, but last time I looked a lot more had popped up.

I know, everything old is new again, as the old song goes.

I have an old 1950's house and I like the kitchen as a room. There was a house identical to my parents' home (also a 1950's house) and the owners tore out walls and the closed in kitchen was suddenly open concept, which did look nice but then there were no walls left to place the fridge against (so it was placed exactly back where it was originally) and the table & chairs were, like, perched in the middle of the room. I guess it could have been designed better, but it went from a cozy kitchen to "open" just for the sake of being open, didn't really work.

I do think the people on these shows do whatever the designers recommend, which is starting to be pretty cookie cutter. Like if I see one more glass tile backsplash ...

I know, everything old is new again, as the old song goes.

I have an old 1950's house and I like the kitchen as a room. There was a house identical to my parents' home (also a 1950's house) and the owners tore out walls and the closed in kitchen was suddenly open concept, which did look nice but then there were no walls left to place the fridge against (so it was placed exactly back where it was originally) and the table & chairs were, like, perched in the middle of the room. I guess it could have been designed better, but it went from a cozy kitchen to "open" just for the sake of being open, didn't really work.

I do think the people on these shows do whatever the designers recommend, which is starting to be pretty cookie cutter. Like if I see one more glass tile backsplash ...
Oh, I agree with the tile backsplash. And shaker cabinets. I liked all of it AND the "griege" cabinets for the longest, before it became a trend. Now I do not want any of it when I redo my kitchen. In fact, I don't know what I want at all now because I will get tired of being on-trend very quickly.

I love fixer upper- I'm so envious of how 'cheap' it is to buy property there and get these massive renovations done!

Least favorite show is Flip or Flop. Not a fan of Christina's taste, and they're so obviously scripted.
Not a fan of Flip or Flop either
That blonde annoys me and I don't find the things they do that interesting