Do you wash your premium denim at home or send to cleaners

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I don't like washing my premium denim at home cause then I don't like to wear them to dress up anymore and I don't want them to shrink. I prefer taking them to the cleaners, but sometimes I think they put them on the washer machine even though I specify dry clean only.

Do you think if you tell them dry clean only they still put them on the washer machine.

2. Yes. I think some laundromats do this and they just tell you they dry-cleaned it. Also, some laundromats send their stuff out to be dry-cleaned by someone else, and they have no control over whether that second person dry cleans them or just washes them.

3. Eh, I just wash mine in cold water, put them on air-dry in the dryer and haven't ever had problems. Plus, I agree with Shu, a lot of dry-cleaners will just throw them into the wash.

4. I just wash mine in cold at home.

5. dry clean them--although, I really trust my drycleaners to actually do that, rather than wash them

6. Also dry cleaning breaks down the fibers in clothing.
    I read an article in GQ last year about this, they recommended men not dry cleaning their suits more than 3-4 times/year. I was laughing SO hard becasue my DH would need about 100 suits to get him through the year if we did that!
    Our own dry cleaner has recommended that I wash some of DH's business wear and bring it to her for pressing to make them last longer.

That said, I ONLY take Dry Clean only to the cleaners!

7. This may sound gross to some but they still look and smell ok, but I wear mine on and off for about 3-4 weeks at a time because I hate that fresh and clean feel of denim. That being said, I only have to wash them once a month so I put them on the gentle cycle in my washer and hang dry them. Unless they need to be drawn up a bit, then to the dryer they go.

8. I wash them at home, unless there are a lot of delicate details like suede decorations or embroidery (not that I have a lot of that). But normally, I just wash them cold and iron them.

9. I wash them at home, inside out with cold water.

10. cold water and hang dry. i'm actually not that paranoid about my jeans that i would get them dry-cleaned

11. I wash mine in the washer and dryer. The only thing is I have serveral pair of studded or crystal jeans and some have come off. So, being a lil wiser I just air dry those!

12. I wash mine on hand wash cycle, and let them air dry

13. me too :amuse:

14. I dry clean all of mine.......

15. I used to wash mine, but found that no matter how carefully I followed instructions, the jeans would gradually lose shape and wear out. I now dry-clean, and love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice