Do you want to help create cage comforters for NYC's homeless animals?

passerby

Feb 17, 2006
Here's what you can do if you are in New York City on Saturday, 17 November and just happen to have some time to spare :smile: All are welcome!

Please help spread the word. Many thanks.

http://www.etsy.com/storque/section...ent-cage-comforters-for-homeless-animals/593/

On Saturday, November 17, 2-6pm at the Etsy Labs, we'll be hosting a special craftivism event.

Join Jen (aka dillonDesigns), Rational Animal, and the Mayor's Alliance for Animals at Etsy Labs to create cage comforters for New York City's homeless animals. All materials will be provided. Help us reach our goal of making 100 comforters by sewing, stuffing and sending a little love their way.

Cage comforters greatly increase a shelter animal's chance for adoption and makes their cage a more comfortable place to be as the winter chill kicks in.

Enjoy gingerbread, animal crackers, spiced cider and the company of other compassionate Etsians to make a difference in the lives of animals this winter. You don't need to be an Etsy seller to attend. All are welcome!

ps
Check out The Etsy For Animals piece for more connections to Etsians who strive to make the world a better place for animals.

Oh I would love to do this, what a great thing to do! Sadly, I don't live anywhere near NYC. But I am going to check out that link! Thanks for posting this, passerby!

My church is collecting blankets and comforters for the local shelter animals for winter. I'm taking some over there tomorrow.

I hope the NYC event is really successful!