Do you want to help create cage comforters for NYC's homeless animals?

Thanks for this link. I ran to the thrift store and found fabric remnants, some already quilted, and whipped up 9 comforters for less than $6.00.

You are so talented!! What an incredible act of kindness!

I decided to bake biscuits instead and dropped them off at my local dog shelter for thanksgiving. The volunteers there were so suprised! What a good feeling!

Apologies for not updating.

Here's the report on the 17 Nov event. There will be another one after Christmas.

dillondesigns
Okay, I'm back! We had such a great day!!! Lots of people came out, more than we could even really handle, so we got a ton done. Our final number was 37, but we got 150+ comforters and batting cut, so we've got a good jump on the next event, which we'd like to have after Christmas.

An extra-big thank you to Joanne (akaJoanneTracyDesigns) for being our amazing sewing expert and keeping the machines threaded and humming--it turned out that none of us sewing were terrible knowledgable about what we were doing.

I've got lots of pictures of the finished products, so I'll link those as soon as I get them posted.Posted at 9:46 pm, November 17 2007 EST

Unquote

Some pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dillondesigns/sets/72157603265309075/