Do you want red rubber soles?

It'd be cool to get all the names of cobblers who do CLs in different areas. There seems to be quite a few in NYC, but not a lot in other areas.

I think rubber soles are still a good idea, b/c I want traction on shoes I intend to wear outdoors. But I want leather soles for the ones I wear mostly indoors.

I bough a pair of CL at Neiman Marcus (King of Prussia, PA) and asked them about a protection for the red soles and they reffered me to a company that makes the shoe repairs for them ( the name is Santana Creative), I called them and they put a wonderful red rubber sole perfect color matching, they said that rubber is prepared for them exclusively and they charged me just $30 plus shipping.

I have seen the Vibrams and their orangy color has nothing to do with the red CL

I have seen the Vibrams and their orangy color has nothing to do with the red CL

That orangy colour is the 'old' colour that I stopped selling ages ago. The newer red colour is a much closer match and was colour matched by JetSetGo.

Ladies who have large collections of these shoes will have noticed that the shade of CL red can vary slightly. Sometimes the colour variation is from style to style and sometimes from one year, or season, to the next. That is why no one shade of red can perfectly match the slightly variable CL red!

Here are a couple of examples of the latest Vibram red.

Attachments

• Arielle A Talons Repair 2.JPG
    Arielle A Talons Repair 2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Loub1[1].jpg
    Loub1[1].jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 100
  • New Red Repair 2.jpg
    New Red Repair 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 105
  • panrixx02.jpg
    panrixx02.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Anais Arielle A Talons Repair 5a.JPG
    Anais Arielle A Talons Repair 5a.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 96
has anyone ever been to arturos shoes in beverly hills?

i heard good things about him from Barneys there

I'm picking up a few pairs on Saturday from Arturo's (after I get back from the NM sale ;)).. I'll post pics.
He has Vibram, and other red soles. I just heard he also does "dancer's soles" in red (would that be like suede?? I dunno what that is,and I forgot to ask *duh*).
I had my black Citys, and 2 Somewhere's re-soled.

I took my stuff there per recommendations from Neiman's, and online reviews. I'll post up my own review.

Laureen - who in the valley do you go to? I'm not crazy about the traffic drive/parking in BH :sad:

^^I brought my Babels there to see if I could get them stretched and that was not such a good experience. The guy at the counter (Eddie, I guess) was nice, but the other guy from the back seemed kind of rude, but maybe it was a language barrier thing. Eddie did recognize the shoes as being a very expensive brand, and it seems like they do the red rubber soles pretty often.

My sister and I have had several pairs done at Deluxe Shoe Repair in San Marino. They also have a shop in Newport Beach as well and actually do all of the repairs for Neiman's Fashion Island! They do fantastic work!!

I don't necessarily want the rubber sole, I need it. Otherwise I will surely break my neck which would be much more serious than my broken wrist and face when I fell last year (not wearing CLs though). But no worries, I'm all healed.

Here's a qucik review and pics from Arturo's shop..
1.) Very friendly and hands-on. I handed over a pair of Somewhere's where the elastic is uncomfortable, and I wanted the sling strap shortened. Arturo himself measured and fit my foot, adjusted the shoe, and basically tailored the shoe to me :smile:
2.) Tan colored Somewheres (pics below). Adjustments:
a) New elastic. Looked fine. Nothing fancy
b) new soles. Not Vibram, but Verese (sp??). They look okay. Not crazy about the visible seam, but did like that he painted and matched the side/soles.
c) leather damage - he fixed and dyed color. See side pic - cn't really even tell where damage was cut
3.) Black City's (photos below). Got them re-soled. Again, Soles are fine (dont like the visible seam end - too drastic), but overall they're okay, and he painted sides/bottom. Cannot notice them when walking. My BF thought I was being to picky. Overall though, they feel great, and they look great (they cleaned, shined, everything).
4.) Declics stretched. Pretty good! I don't know what he did, but they felt better. Another cobbler tried stretching, but I think he just had them sit in the shop because they felt exactly the same as when I first brought them in. Arturo's made them comfy.

Overall, I like the customer service. Place does get packed though (line out the door - just like the Sprinkles bakery). Only issue is that I think they are a bit pricey, but the service, and quick turn-around far outweighs the negative.
I left 3 more pairs, and I'll see how those turn out next week. The sole I'm okay about, what I love is how they get the FIT right, and make the shoes comfortable, and that means a LOT to me.

Attachments

• citside.jpg
    citside.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 49
  • tansol2.jpg
    tansol2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 65
  • tansole.jpg
    tansole.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 65
  • tanside.jpg
    tanside.jpg