Do you want a kelly, birkin or Constance?

i don't know constance and i think i never will - the H metal is too much for me. kelly is too fussy although i like the looks. birkin is most practical and useful for me.

Reactions: pjhm
I would love to own a Birkin 30 in Etain (Togo). However, I’ve accepted that I will never have it.
  • I’m not willing to play the Hermes game to *maybe* be offered the bag I want in 1-2 years.
  • I know some women walk in and just get offered a B, but I highly doubt that would happen to me.
  • I don’t want to buy on the secondary market, where a $10-12k bag would be $15k, and I’d have to worry about authentication issues.
  • And finally, because you can’t actually try these bags on, I worry about having a bag that expensive, realizing I dont like it, and then having to sell a $$$ bag. Can you imagine how tough that would be? Numerous YouTubers have bought Bs or Ks to realize they don’t actually like it!
So alas, no Birkin for me. I’ll just admire from afar :P

Last edited:
If you really wanted a Birkin you would realise that you are wrong on every count:
you don't have to play the 'maybe' game; walking in off the street and being offered one might happen to you; you don't have to use a reseller and buy at a premium on the secondary market and there are highly regarded authenticators; you would find a way to try one.

Reactions: Fab41
Since I am patiently awaiting my first Birkin I would have to say Kelly would be next. Although I don't like the idea of having a bag just for the sake of it. So really if I didn't get a choice in the leather, colour and size I would have to say none of the above.

If you really wanted a Birkin you would realise that you are wrong on every count:
you don't have to play the 'maybe' game; walking in off the street and being offered one might happen to you; you don't have to use a reseller and buy at a premium on the secondary market and there are highly regarded authenticators; you would find a way to try one.

Could you please help me understand where I’m wrong? I’ll concede that there are great authenticators out there (I used one for my Chanel bag!), but everywhere I’ve looked on the secondary market has charged some sort of price premium for a well maintained B.

As far as walking in and simply being offered one - I’ve tried three times to no avail. I understand that some people get offered the first time they ask, but that wasn’t me.

I would choose Constance.. being that the 2 sizes are both useful/ manageable. I have Bs and i know i wouldn’t get one bigger than a 35 or in swift (only maybe a 25).. i have Ks and i know i would only like it in 28 or 32 , no bigger nor smaller & not in box leather ( can’t have a special occasion bag only, not doable with young kids)...besides, I don’t have a C :giggle:

Could you please help me understand where I’m wrong? I’ll concede that there are great authenticators out there (I used one for my Chanel bag!), but everywhere I’ve looked on the secondary market has charged some sort of price premium for a well maintained B.

As far as walking in and simply being offered one - I’ve tried three times to no avail. I understand that some people get offered the first time they ask, but that wasn’t me.

All your opportunities will vary according to where you live, but you post was a blanket list of negatives and not a reflection of the wider market.
I share with you the desire to avoid the premium reseller route. There are sellers of genuine pre-loved bags where the prices reflect the condition and desirability of something that is not brand new rather than current retail price plus a mark up. If you are only prepared to buy brand new, it might not be easy, but not impossible. Just because you have not had 'walk in' success yet does not mean that you never will. Again, location will influence this.
This will also affect the opportunity to try, but there are consignment stores in many major cities where the bags could be there for you to see.

I wanted to reflect that if your 'love to own' is genuine 'desire' you can find a way.

All your opportunities will vary according to where you live, but you post was a blanket list of negatives and not a reflection of the wider market.
I share with you the desire to avoid the premium reseller route. There are sellers of genuine pre-loved bags where the prices reflect the condition and desirability of something that is not brand new rather than current retail price plus a mark up. If you are only prepared to buy brand new, it might not be easy, but not impossible. Just because you have not had 'walk in' success yet does not mean that you never will. Again, location will influence this.
This will also affect the opportunity to try, but there are consignment stores in many major cities where the bags could be there for you to see.

I wanted to reflect that if your 'love to own' is genuine 'desire' you can find a way.

Got it. Thanks.