Do you virtually visualize looks before buying a bag (color)

glowingface

Oct 18, 2010
I always tend to gravitate towards same old Beige, Black or Brown bag.
I think if I am investing in a high end bag, I might as well buy common, neutral color,,,so that it goes with everything else.
I am very poor with planing n co-ordinating outfits with bags on my own. I do wish to own multiple colors...I may not be bold to carry a hot pink or Yellow bag..but i still wish to branch...

How do you guys plan a purchase, in terms of color?

I'm conservative with color too. My bags are grey, ice white, black, saddle (tan) and brown. My wardrobe, however, is comprised of colorful tops so as not to detract from what I am wearing I choose neutrals when it comes to my bags. I hardly ever wear all black unless I am wearing a black dress.

If I'm not getting a black bag, then I lean towards bright colors or my signature "green" color. I figure if it's a bright color, it doesn't matter what you wear with it.

Yup I would think about what outfit I can pair it with before buying a bag. Or, sometimes when I love a bag that much I end up buying new clothes to match it, lol. I like colorblocking anyways so I always get saturated, bright colors.

Lately I've been looking at wendyslookbook.com. She does a lot of looks with purple and pink bags (as well as black and brown). Every time I see her purple leather bag I go online looking for that color.

If you do a monochromatic neutral clothing palette, you need a pop of color, and a colored bag really stands out. But I have to see someone else pull it off first.

I'm not fond of red, though. Not my color. I'd love to try a medium green or orange or neutral-ish purple.

glowingface, yep i'm like you too. A bag is an accessory so it has to go with the rest of my outfits and since they're not cheap at all, i have to ensure i get the most wear and it would be safe to do that if they're neutral shades.

A neutral common color can be equally gorgeous as other pop of colors too.

For most of us like myself, we like pop of colors, in a way, had no problems branching into different colors. Eventually, we have lots of fun mix and match our wardrobe with our bags and playing around with colors.

The only way is to force yourself to get out of the comfort zone, start off with maybe a non-branded low priced bag in a pop of colour. See if you like it. If you really cannot envision yourself with a branded bag in a pop of colour, don't force it upon yourself. It's better to spend the money on something which you can see yourself using for a long time.